“disgusting”

Ranked #17 of 132 Outdoor Activities in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gatorland is so much more than just alligators at a price that won’t put a “bite” on your vacation experience! At 110- acres, you’ll find something for everyone with thousands of alligators and crocodiles, an aviary, an incredible breeding marsh and bird rookery, petting zoo, nature walk, award-winning gift shop, and one-of-a-kind reptilian shows including the Gator Wrestlin’ Show, Gator Jumparoo, and the Up-close Encounters Show. Don’t miss the White Gator Swamp with giant white alligators. Take a ride on the Gatorland Express train and then head over to Gator Gully Splash Park where kids of all ages can enjoy a good ol’ fashion soaking! Looking for a little excitement, zip off on the Screamin’ Gator Zip Line, voted the Top Zip Line in the U.S. by AOL Travel. New for 2018 don't miss the Stompin' Gator Off-road Adventure, where monster truck style all-terrain vehicles take you on a wild backwoods adventure through real Florida wetlands​ and a huge pond of live alligators!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

****** AVOID ******
Hands down, the WORST customer service I have ever received. We went to gator land on Monday, and upon arrival we booked the buggy experience. We realised it was very expensive but thought we'd try it anyway expecting it to be good value for money. We enjoyed looking at most of the alligators but were EXTREMELY saddened to see the size of the animal enclosures for some of the crocs and all the other animals. The raccoon enclosure is an absolutely disgusting size and the poor raccoon looks incredibly pitiful and sorry for itself. The size of it is really appalling. As for the pantha/cougars enclosure was down right laughable. The enclosure are cruely small and I was actually shocked to my actual core. It's disgusting. Then I was shocked even further when we saw the alligator Chester. The sign reads that he is in a secluded enclosure due to the fact he doesn't get on with the other crocodiles! THIS DOES NOT MEAN HE DOES NOT DESERVE AN ENCLOSURE BIG ENOUGH FOR HIM TO SWIM IN. He can't swim. He can stay in about 3 places and the fact that a GATOR attraction would think it is acceptable is disgusting. THESE ANIMALS MAKE YOUR MONEY. Treat them with the respect they deserve. Now that's out of the way. On to the service... our buggy experience was cancelled due to weather which was completely understandable. We got a rain check on this, and were told that if we rung up on the day we wished to come back the 7 of us could book on another buggy together WHICH WE DID. We rung at 10am and got booked on a buggy to get to gator land and to be told "no one said you called" And we were accussed of being LIARS. They soon ate their words when we showed them our phone call history. The woman that came over to speak to us about it all (lotta I think - I asked someone what she was called when we exited the park) was DISGUTINGLY RUDE - I am outraged at her whole manor and she SHOULD NOT work in customer service. I asked to speak to a manager as she was still saying we couldn't go on the buggy. She then said she was the supervisor and again I said I wanted to speak to a manager. Upon this request this woman seemed to really quickly manage to sort us out a buggy. I said I still wanted to speak to the manager and she said the manager would be in a meeting all day (what a load of old s***)
The only good bit was the buggy bit. TJ is hot and really nice and funny.

BUT PLEASE AVOID

4  Thank Phoebelomax
Write a ReviewReviews (5 066)
All reviews
"birds"
in 827 reviews

148 - 152 of 5 066 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great park very natural. Half a day is the maximum you need to spend at this park. We had a very nice time. Value for money park. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I'll admit was a bit hesitant about visiting Gatorland when my husband suggested it, but it gave us a break in between our Disney days. That being said it ended up being one of the highlights of trip. My grandkids (6 & 5) as well as my husband & I had a blast. They have live gator wrestling shows, ziplines in the park, bird feedings (this was my favorite thing), swamp pathways for walking (I saw a snake and it was quite large). The staff were all super friendly. Lots and lots of gators of all sizes. Definitely would recommend coming here for a day trip.
Things to note: Free parking, you can feed the gators for $5 and there is a water play area so bring swimsuits (we didn't know this) and they serve food. I highly recommend this place to anyone we all had a lot of fun.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I went to Gatorland as a kid and young adult many moons ago. I had the chance to go as an adult with my kids this past weekend. They have kind of a "redneck" theme with some shows and the signs around the park, but there's a lot of humor in them. The shows and exhibits are part of general admission, which is a tad high unless you're a FL resident or veteran. You can add Adventure Hour which is feeding very large gators chunks of beef about the size of a small fist. There is no fence or glass separating you and you are only a few feet away. That is pretty awesome. This costs $10 per person. you can add rookie wrestling as well or get a grunt or wrangler package($11.50) which includes the rookie wrestling, gator chow, and unlimited train rides. With Rookie Wrestling you get to kneel over a gator with a taped jaw while your picture is taken. You can also go on a swamp buggy ride for $10 - $15 and a zip line, we didn't do either. There is a jumparoo show which has a story line of two "redneck boys" competing for a job at Gatorland and they compete to see which can make the gators jump the highest out of the water to get the piece of chicken. They aren't forcing anything, just simply hanging chicken on a line and the gators try to get it. You see some really massive gators there, but it was a small one that got it when we saw it. He used the backs of other gators to do so! They have a wrestling show, which was not my first show. So I'm well aware about how they pull them with their tails and open their mouths. This is not cruel or painful to the gators as I saw some other people commenting. It started as a way to control the gators because some of these holds would give the wrestler an opportunity to tie the gator up so they could go about their day. This wasn't exactly expressed in the show I saw, but I have heard it explained in other shows. Taping a gator's mouth shut is not cruel either. Learn more about gators before judging based on appearance. The Upclose encounters show was pretty funny. I do wish they had a long show and more animals besides 3 snakes and a tarantula. But it was still very enjoyable. We arrived a bit later in the day than we should have, noon instead of 10am. So we didn't get to finish everything. We still had a pretty awesome time. I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants to see gators and other FL wildlife. There's also some crocs out there.
My only complaint is that didn't seem to be very much covered area for sitting and taking a break. A few picnic tables with umbrellas and some chairs by the splash pad, weren't enough for the FL heat in the mid day. But I may have missed some areas. The cost of the pictures were a little high, but I imagine it takes a lot of money to feed all the animals there and the cost of everything else was low. I was really surprised that it was free parking. Most places like that would charge at least $5 for parking. So free is nice. I wish the gift shop was a bit lower priced, but we got a good deal on souvenir cups instead.
Overall we had a great time and we will be back again. My kids and boyfriend had a blast. Gatorland just got better with age.

1  Thank tdarling81