“Flight of Passage a MUST!”

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Ranked #7 of 456 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "The largest of the 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom park is filled with attractions, adventures and entertainment that reflect Walt Disney's dedication to nature and conservation. The park leads the way in animal care, education and research—for an enchanting experience that blends learning with family fun.Home to more than 1,700 animals from 250 species and sprawling across 500 acres of lush landscape, Disney's Animal Kingdom park is the biggest animal-themed park in the world!Disney's Animal Kingdom park is divided into 7 areas:OasisDiscovery Island® areaCamp Minnie-MickeyAfricaRafiki's Planet Watch® areaAsiaDinoland, U.S.A.® areaEncounter rare and majestic animals—and get close enough to pet some of them! Exciting attractions await, along with live and wild entertainment like Broadway-style musical shows and parades that invite you to be part of the excitement.From the spectacular scenery of the African savanna—where you may spot zebras, elephants and hippos—to the high-altitude, roller coaster thrills of Expedition Everest® in Asia, global adventures abound at Disney's Animal Kingdom park.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Just came back from our first trip in a few years and were excited to get on Flight of Passage. It did not disappoint. Don't want to say much else, but if you can only go on 1 ride in this park, this is it.
As for other areas of the park, there is lot aof shade, could use a little more seating in places. The Africa area has a band playing a various times of day. Nemo musical is very good - especially for smaller kids, as is It's Tough to Be a Bug. Rivers of Light show is great - but get in line early to get a good seat. Didn't seem to get as wet on Kali River Rapids this time - which is a good thing. Everest if a GREAT coaster, even goes backwards for part of it!

Write a ReviewReviews (29 545)
All reviews
"love animals"
in 302 reviews

903 - 907 of 29 545 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Animal Kingdom change a lot in the last few years with the addition of the Pandora land as well as the night show and nightly lights and animation on the tree of life.
It turned from the Park that could be skipped into he park that is on our “must visit” list.
I would highly recommend getting fast passes for Pandora.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

In the past, I've been able to walk through the park. This time I have a bad back, but wanted to visit with my daughter during Spring break. So i paid $50 to rent s scooter. It was padded, but didn't have much shock absorption. I soon realized that most of the ground in the park has been heavily texturized, which made for an extremely bumpy ride. I also found that it was very stressful trying to not run people over. So many would walk right in front of me, expecting me to stop on a dime. But despite all this, I'm grateful that I was able to visit at all.

This was my first time using the app and fastpass at Disney. We haven't been to any of the parks in about eight years. Unfortunately, people can reserve the best rides 30 days in advance, so trying to get a decent time 24 hours in advance was not possible. Our first fast pass ride was for 2pm. I had two more reserved for 8pm and 10pm, but was able to find earlier spots when we got to the park.

Some of the standby rides allowed us to move ahead a little, because i was in the wheelchair. This included the train ride to see the animals in the petting zoo. I was disappointed, because it was touted as being a place where we could see baby animals. However they had just one demo with a rat-like animal. Everything else was on video.

I thought this would be more like a zoo, but the exhibits were very sparce. We did see a tiger, some gorillas, and various monkeys in fixed exhibits. When we took the safari, we saw quite a few more animals, but the ride was so bumpy.

In the Avatar section, we managed to get a fast pass ride for the river ride. It was nice, but a lot like A Small World After All, with only one animatronic doll at the end. The rest was video.

I really wanted to go on the flying ride in Pandora, but all the fast passes were used up. At 10pm, they still had a 120 minute wait. Since they closed at 11pm, that ride was out.

The best part of this park was the Lion King show. It was Broadway in the round, and extremely entertaining.

The lighting of The Tree of Life in the evening was nice, but basically a projected movie.

The app was nice for ordering food. When we found restaurants for lunch, we were able to order from the menu on the app, then just go to the pickup window when our order was ready. The food offered was healthier and more varied, but still expensive. Finding a table to sit at lunch was impossible. We took our tray to some shady rocks to eat. Those families that pack a lunch are the best off.

I'm glad we went, but this is the first and last time i will visit Animal Kingdom.

1  Thank Sherri K
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visiting this Disney theme park was a dream come true not only for our kids but for us parents too. Be sure to have the whole day to just explore this park and watch all the shows and get on all the rides.