“Unfriendly and snobby”

The Tea Room Experience
Ranked #2 769 of 4 142 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Description: The Tea Room Experience is a Modern Tea Room located in Downtown Orlando, that serves Afternoon Tea! Our Afternoon Tea Experience is served on a Two-Tier that includes Finger Sandwiches, Freshly Baked Scones served with Devonshire Cream and Preserve, Assorted Miniature Pastries, Tea-Cupcakes baked with our house Tea and a Fine selection of Loose Leaf Tea handpicked by our Certified Tea Sommelier. ​ The Tea Room Experience is locally owned by a Mother-Daughter team, as a result of a mommy and me dream that spanned through the years. A strong bond, a powerful commitment to share among themselves a business entrepreneurship, a passion for life, a dream come true. We look forward to sharing the tea time experience with you!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were looking for tea service and from out of town. This place came up on google. When we arrived, we saw reservations required and door and went to ask if they could take us. The shop was empty except one table. Uncertainly looking around, the girl said that okay, we could sit at one of the tables. We paid to park our car. When we returned, she no longer wanted us to sit and said 5 was too many (but we had repeated 3x that it was 3 adults and 2 children). No offer was made to accommodate us or speak with us civilly. Yes, she finally conceded that there wasn’t a problem with pulling a chair when asked directly but by this time we were frustrated and left.

Also, no toilet in restaurant. You have to go out and into the lobby of the apartments. Decor is fluffy (pillows) but not very sophisticated.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

This venue is great if you are just popping in with a friend but AWFUL if you are trying to coordinate an event here.
-The owner is very unprofessional and I will not be going back.
-It took me months just to get the menu from her.
-She did not send a contract outlining how, when to pay & details of the event like a normal venue would.
-The straw that broke the camels back was when she called me at 4:00 on a Friday telling me that I had 1 hour to pay her or else she was cancelling my event...this was so out of left field because she had not contacted me prior that phone call! I will admit, her threatening me & demanding immediate payment brought out ugly colors in me but it is her job as the venue owner to stay calm & provide customer service in situations like that to help come to a resolution. She certainly did not.
-I will say the day of the event she did a beautiful job but, overall, it was not worth this drama.

2  Thank Hbu12
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Very disappointed in the experience. First of all while it is decorated very nicely it is amazingly small (one room) with no restrooms. The menu is also very limited and some of the items tasted day old not fresh. The tea was not hot and cooled very quickly and since they do not serve in tea pots you are at their mercy for all your refills (only mom & daughter) which when it got busy was long waits. The devonshire cream and preserves was very good but you receive very little of both. The cranberry biscuits while good were very dry but the almond cookies were decent. The cucumber sandwiches would have been much better if the cream cheese would have been flavored as they were very bland, egg salad was ok but the chicken salad with cranberries was the best of all 3 but they all would have been better on fresh bread. Croissants were just ok also not fresh and very small. Biggest disappointment was several tables brought in young children/babies who thought it was cute for them to be loud and run around which totally ruined our whole experience. It was our first time as I let both the ladies know and not once did either of them come to our table after we were done eating to ask if everything was ok. We wont be back sorry to say.

1  Thank RSHNSKS
Reviewed 10 March 2018

My daughter was home for spring break so we made reservations for the Tea Room Experience. We parked in the complimentary garage spaces behind the building on Mariposa St. From the parking area we walked around the building to get to the Tea Room. I didn't see a cut through from the garage to the business side of the building. When we entered the Tea Room I noticed a wonderful smell of baked goods. We were seated immediately as there was one other group of ladies there at 11:45 on a Wednesday. The tea room was adequately decorated for the experience- Ikea like furniture. Each table was decorated with a different set of tea-ware which were fun to look at. As I looked around I was thinking "Next time I want to drink from those cups". We ordered the "Afternoon Tea Experience" which was the full monty. The teas on offer were adequately varied and served in tea tongs used for up to 3 cups of water. The server provided a timer to steep the tea appropriately. The tea time goodies were served on a 2-tiered server which was beautifully presented. Everything tasted fresh, delightful, and delicate. We were happy with the portion sizes and brought home left overs. Other reviews for this Tea Room warn there are no restrooms for patrons; we did not see restrooms but didn't ask. We arrived prepared for the possibility of no restrooms. Compared to the cost of other tea experiences in Orlando I believe this was a fantastic affordable outing. I most certainly look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

My husband and I are staying in the Orlando area for 2 months. We read about the Tea Room Experience and booked a reservation for the Valentine week tea. The setting once inside was very attractive and thoughtfully decorated. All the courses, which are house-made, were delicious and the service was excellent. We've been to England many times and this was perhaps not as lush as for instance, Brown's Hotel, but it was a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon. We would definitely return. As someone else suggested, having our own pots of tea would have been better than having to ask for more hot water for a refill.
Both jam and clotted cream were served with the scones, as is expected.
There are restrooms, but you have to leave the small tea room and walk outside to another door to the building to reach them. Not a fatal flaw, at least when it's not raining!