“Very good!”
Review of Colt’s Pig Stand

Colt’s Pig Stand
Ranked #18 of 80 Restaurants in Orange City
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Wife and I decided to try this place for the first time and we were very pleased. It occupies the location that used to be a Bob Evans I think. Atmosphere is typical BBQ - rustic furniture, wood stacked up on a rack, etc. Servers were very friendly and efficient. We both got the pulled pork dinner. Sides were French fries and baked beans for me, and fries and cole slaw for her. All sides were very good. Pork portions were so big we both brought enough home to make 2 sandwiches for tomorrow. Dinners come with garlic bread or cornbread. We got garlic bread and they give you 2 slices each. Definitely will go again.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

Quite honestly I don’t know where to begin. Other than the collards and actual sauce it was terrible. The brisket and “burnt ends” came in a pile of stringy meat that had little to know taste without soaking it in sauce. Not sure what their idea of burnt ends are but it sure wasn’t what they are suppose to be. The baby back ribs were ok but I can get a better rack at Ruby Tuesday. The st Louis ribs were tender (too tender) and had no taste whatsoever and the Cole slaw tasted like shredded up card board. At least the service was good I guess.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

Stopped at Colt's Pig Stand for a quick lunch while traveling to Cape Coral. My husband ordered the burnt end sandwich with fries & Cole slaw and I ordered full slab of baby back ribs with baked beans and brunswick stew. Burnt end sandwich had lots of meat and tasted delicious. The baby back ribs were fall-off the bone and very tasty. All sides were very good. Service was friendly and efficient. We received our meal in 10 minutes. We enjoyed our meal and would reccomend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 22 July 2021

Ordered the baby ribs came with sauce on which is a no no ordered the Brunswick stew was Bland at the baked beans way too sweet I was told there was chunks of pork in it no pork in it the only thing that was good was the cornbread muffin

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021

Well I guess you do yourself in when you buy something that is discounted and then they try to pass it off - the baby back ribs were crunchy - surely someone in the kitchen knew they were not up to snuff and then a lame excuse that they switched to a new rib and they are trying to get the hang of it? I mean a baby back rib is a baby back rib - right? If I was a manager and an issue happened and I really had an interest in keeping customers coming back I would at least visit the table and offer a dessert or an appetizer. Clueless management.
What do they think we are doing them a favor - or do we get to expect something a little more for our hard earned money? Unfortunately this is all to common today - hence the "average" rating
On another note the bun was either really low end or stale or both - but it had a cool burnt logo - wow not what makes a meal tasty.
The water was cold though...

Date of visit: June 2021