“Visited with Family”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Ocklawaha
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice place, very interesting motif and food. Food was quality with good portions. Family enjoyed it and service was slower for an early evening.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Love Gator Joe's! I was there six years ago and loved it and wanted to go again when I was visiting my mother for a couple of days. Was not disappointed and had another wonderful meal. The decor is great and you know you are in the right place when you see the old gator on the wall! A great adventure for the whole family! Took me back to childhood with a great Clam Stips basket... I was visiting for Europe - you NEVER get them over there!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Ate at the far patio over the water. Great food and prompt service. The problem was these brown birds that were flying around pooping everywhere and screeching. It smelled of bird poop. Ewwww. There was layers of poop on the rails too. The birds have got to go. We will return but eat inside. It's just not sanitary to have that amount of poop and birds fluttering around. A neighboring table had a bird above them in the rafters and of course it pooped on the guys shoulder.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We follow a group of motorcycle riders on Saturdays on back roads in Central Florida. This fun place is located on Lake Weir. The food and service were very good. 2 sea planes landed while we were there and the pilots came in for lunch on the outside deck.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Gator Joe’s for 18 years and have never been treated so badly. We brought friends to this restaurant having sung their praises.
When we arrived we were seated promptly. Our waitress stated that they were a bit backed up and that she was the only waitress working. We told her not to worry that we are patient people. We ordered the drink special and our meal order at the same time. We tried to order a second drink special and was told that they stopped the offer and we could not have a second because they needed the ingredients for the bar drinks. ( pineapple juice, cranberry juice). We waited almost 45 mins without so much as an explanation as to the problem with such a long wait for our food. No one even checked to see if we wanted a glass of water which we had to flag the waitress down for. We saw a table of 6 who came in after us receiving their order. We asked our waitress what was the hold up. One of our friends was a diabetic and needed to have something to eat. She told the waitress she needed something or she was going to go into a diabetic problem. The waitress offered her crackers. With that we insisted we needed to eat and the waitress sent the manager to our table. The manager was extremely rude and said to my husband that he was “unfriendly “. My husband only said what was the problem with the order and if it wasn’t coming out soon that we were leaving. Now more than an hour had passed. When my friend told her that she was a diabetic the manager said”so what, I’m pregnant.” She argued with all of us and retreated to the kitchen without a word. Another 20 mins our ordered arrived. The shrimp and grit were good. The chicken wings were tasty. The fried fish basket was over cooked and dry. The hamburger was cold and dry. I had ordered shrimp cocktail sauce with my fish but tarter sauce came with the order. I asked the manager for the cocktail sauce and she told me it would cost 25 cents. Hard to believe. Manager Katy incompetent , rude, no hospitality skills stated that we insulted the waitress. When we asked the waitress about this she denied saying this to the manager. Someone needs people training. Never going back and will tell all our friends about our experience.

1  Thank Sherwood118

Been to Gator Joe's? Share your experiences!