“Great Thai in Ocala”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Quite a surprise to get such great Thai food on Ocala. I had the Red Curry with Seafood for lunch. It came with delicious soup and a spring roll.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We are never disappointed when we come here. Well kept secret. I had the Panang curry, husband pad Thai. Delicious, and service was outstanding!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The chicken amazing & chicken panang are my favorites! Great value, friendly staff & good portion sizes.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The service here is absolutely atrocious.

My party of 7 set a reservation at the very beginning of their dinner block and we asked for the party table to experience the fun culture of authenic Thai style of eatting. Right upon entre, we were greeted by the owner (who was one of our servers as well) who had a very unwelcoming and sour attitude towards our party. We waited a long time for her to return and there were numerous occasions when we had to ask for service (keeping in mind there were only 2-3 other small parties in the restaurant). Upon ordering, I was having a slightly difficult time making up my mind between two options and the response I got was a curt, "Can you hurry up because I have other stuff to do." Which was a very awful way to address a customer. Then the waitress continued to ignore our table completely, and another server would occasionally take care of us with a polite and vibrant attitude that was well recieved by my party. I will say that the food was fairly decent, some things better than others, so there weren't many complaints there; however, upon asking for dessert, I was informed they had no fruit, which baffled me considering we were there at the beginning of their dinner block and there were not many people in the restaurant. I did not get any dessert and at a certain point in time, all 7 people in my party had empty glasses, even extra cups were empty, and it stayed that way for a very long time. Our original, rude waitress returned with our checks which included a pricey 18% gratuity fee, which we were fully aware of the fact that parties over 5 will have that added to their checks but considering the poor service, the lack of ingredients, and the terrible attitude we were given, we were not pleased with the fact that we had to pay such a high amount per check. So we proceeded to say we felt that the service did not deserve that high of a tip, to which we were verbally attacked, called cheap, fecal matter, and told that we didn't even earn the money we had but were given by "mommy and daddy", which was an attack on the fact that we were all young (17-18). When our checks were brought back to us, she proceeded to slam our checks on the table and tell us that she hoped to never see us again and had her entire staff come out of the kitchen to watch us leave. Needless to say, we did not pay the gratuity fee and will not be returning to this establishment.

The fact that the service was so terrible and the waitress, who like I said we found out was the owner, was very rude to us because of our age. We were not rude or disrespectful and the fact that a grown women felt the need to attack us because we are young was honestly quite nauseating and truly uncalled for. Even though we are young, we are still paying customers who deserve a decent meal with quality service and our age is no excuse to treat us like we are not paying customers or that our experience does not matter. I was highly disappointed because I was told very nice things about the food at this establishment but for the terrible service and lack of people skills, there is no way I will be returning. I honestly felt very insulted and please ask that you do not waste your money at this establishment.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I was afraid despite the good reviews because it was empty inside and out, but so glad I went in. It was amazing, definitely recommend.