“Consistently good”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Great Seafood - Reasonably Priced - Served with a Smile Locally and family owned & operated for over 30 years. Our restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy fine seafood, cooked to order. We serve fresh seafood in a fun atmosphere. You can choose from the large selection of items on our menu from shrimp and fish to gator tail and frog legs. We also serve salads, sandwiches, Hand-Cut, Certified Angus Ribeyes, and much more.
Reviewed 29 August 2018

But not great. This is a place that you go to because you want fish for dinner, rather than a burger or a sub. The place is very basic, clean and cheerful, but there is no atmosphere at all. Think Taco Bell or KFC. The staff is cheerful and courteaous, and always available.
We have been here a handful of times and it is always the same.
The food is as simple as the atmosphere and as consistent as Mom’s Sunday dinner.
Just don’t expect too much. There is no presentation. There is just a LOT of food on your plate. And it tastes good. Prices are also very good.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

On a recent visit to Ocala with my two sons, we ate dinner at this restaurant. We could not have had a better experience. Our waitress was informative and extremely helpful describing to us the various preparation methods for some of the dishes. Food came out quickly and was outstanding. We shared the Gator Tail and Conch Fritters, and the entree portions were sizable and all home made. The sides, beans, cole slaw, and fried okra again were excellent and all home made. I had the Plenty For One combo and had it split up with some items fried and others broiled. One son had the catfish while the other the blackened snapper. We loved the two dessert items, peanut butter and key lime pie, both a bit different from how they are normally served. Just a great time and great meal, can't ask for more. Wasn't concerned about the lack of atmosphere, I think that can be overrated.....

1  Thank deanleaseman
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Party of 12--No Reservation--we were immediately welcomed and seated.
Very friendly and prompt service
food prepared exceptionally well and served promptly
large portions--couldn't eat it all even after loosening my belt!
I will be back when in the Ocala area

1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This is my favorite place that I tried on my past trip to Ocala. I ordered the grilled tilapia and it was amazing! I ate everything that I ordered! I would definitely return! You get a lot for your money as well. My uncle got the fried flounder and he got four big pieces of fish! Plus his sides!! This place was without a doubt my favorite and I can't wait to return!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank BrieV
Reviewed 24 June 2018

First time here since moving to Ocala last November. Not sure why I had not discovered this place before, other than it is on the opposite side of town from where we generally frequent. Being from Coastal North Carolina I appreciate properly fried seafood. This, in my opinion, was fried perfectly. Light, leaving the moisture and flavor locked inside. Sry reasonable pricing. I will be frequenting this one.

Date of visit: June 2018