Captain Jim's Seafood Market & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 125 Restaurants in North Miami
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Local landmark in the City of North Miami. Serving FRESH. LOCAL. SEAFOOD. From our boats to your table!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I was eager to try this place based upon reviews but sad to call and discover that it is closed for renovations. I'm glad others had noted the closing early so I call ahead.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

As of April 17, this restaurant remains closed with a “Reopening Soon” sign in the window. I have come here each time I am in the Miami area for the great food & was sad to find it closed. If I had checked TA, I could have saved myself the trip. I did find out that the restaurant has been sold to an owner of La Cameronera of Miami. The owner expects to reopen under the Captain Jim’s name as a fish restaurant with small market but does not have a reopening date. So going forward the food will most likely be different.

2  Thank Teacher_Mother
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We were in the area so decided to go to captain jim. Checked website and best times to arrive
Arrived to find place is closed. Reopening soon
A notice on the website would help
We live in Pompano Beach

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I went of dinner last night and the place was closed and the windows were all covered from inside. I called and someone answered and they told me that the place has been sold and should be open again in 8 weeks.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This is real-deal Florida, not some rip-off chain draped in fishing nets and plastic mounted fish. To get any more authentic, you would have to be sitting on the fishing boat. Totally unpretentious.

Captain Jim’s has been a go-to place for locals for decades. It’s a fish market and a restaurant. Although prices have gone up as seafood has gotten more and more expensive, this is good value for the money whether you are eating in, ordering cooked food take-out, or buying seafood to cook yourself.

Prices range from less than 10 dollars for a hamburger to 50 dollars or more for crab legs, with a lot of entrees in the 20 to 30 dollar range. There is a children’s menu priced very reasonably.

The selection of fish in the seafood cases is lovingly presented and glisteningly fresh. Stone crabs and oysters are available in season and are cracked and shucked upon request.

The crab salad is excellent. A complimentary portion is served with crackers to diners in the restaurant or you can order it by the pound in the market.

The waitstaff are friendly and helpful and the food is really good. The portions are ample. The market staff are knowledgeable and service-oriented.

This is in a strip mall and parking is limited but the food is worth the hassle.

Insider’s tip: try one of the locally brewed beers on draft.

Second Insider’s tip: they have marinated chicken wings only on Fridays and Saturdays.

2  Thank 2TravelWisely