“Excellent Food and Large Portions”

Bamboo Sushi Bar & Hibachi Express
Ranked #7 of 96 Restaurants in Niceville
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family of five ate there while on a business trip with me. Excellent food and large portions for the price. The service was great. Be aware that the place is popular so you might have to wait a few minutes, but it is worth it.

It has outdoor seating and a call-in pick up window if you are so inclined.

The dishes we had, that are mentioned below were excellent. The spring rolls were great and I recommend getting them each time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When the weather is cooperating, it is nice to sit outside. Hibachi served is great!! Nice service too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you want good sushi, drive to Niceville! The owner Mike does sushi right. We had a few of his specials at the bar and they were outstanding. One had shrimp, crab, avocado and some special ingredients and the other had salmon, yellow tail tuna, crab and special surprises.
All bottle and canned beer was a buck off. You can’t beat this sushi for price, quality or value. We will make this short 15 minute drive from the beach.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were looking for a lunch spot after arriving in the area to visit family. They suggested this place, it was one they went to previously and had good experiences.

First, the menu is huge. So many choices, it is nearly impossible to decide. It was a non-busy time we were there, so I took my time deciding. The staff didn't make us feel rushed, and seemed happy to answer any questions.

I chose a fairly benign meal, soba noodles with shrimp. I am not always adventurous with food when traveling! If I had one of these near my home, I'd certainly try different things, so much looked enticing.

I made a good choice. The only negative was how salty it was. Other than that, it was delicious. Crisp veggies, perfectly cooked shrimp (although small, there were plenty of them).

They serve a lot of beer on tap, which is great. They also offer local choices, which is what we prefer to drink when we travel.

The restaurant was clean, brightly-lit, and had a welcoming feel. The staff was friendly and relaxed, none of them looked like they minded being at work.

I would absolutely go back the next time we are there to visit. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I travel to the Niceville area about once a month, and literally try to cram as many visits to Bamboo in as possible. Sit at the bar for the best service and banter with "The Mikes" and the rest of the gang. Don't order from the menu...tell them what you like and let them take you on a fun culinary ride! Sushi is so fresh and you'll get some drool-worthy flavor combinations. Great craft beer and saki selection. Seriously, amazing sushi and even more amazing people. The best kind of neighborhood joint!