“THE BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK IN FLORIDA (probably Philly, too!)”
Review of Rocky's

Rocky's
Ranked #46 of 246 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2018

What a shocker, discovering the most savory marinated beef used in their philly cheesesteaks! Wao wao wao!

I've been searching for a great restaurant in Florida that produces "South of the Border"-style marinated beef, and I found it here at Rocky's.

They import bread from Amoroso's in Philadelphia. Wao, what delicious bread. I recommend asking them to crisp it up on the grill before adding the cheesesteak.

Husband and wife and daughter run this little gem, tucked away in a small l-shaped shopping center near the corner of Rowan Rd/Seven Springs and SR 54 in New Port Richey.

The interior is spartan yet warm and comfy, and can accommodate about 45 people. They also have a row of comfy booths along one entire wall, and a widescreen tv for the big games. Maybe they'll put on Game of Thrones if you ask nicely.

The menu is simple and features fantastic dishes that're priced about the same of McD's next door, but provide much more nutritional value. Plus they're all sooo sooo delish and make superior comfort food, even if you're not from Philly.

Thank goodness they do NOT serve alcohol, but there're two large drink coolers with dozens of different colas, gatorade-type drinks, and bottled water.

Love love love their homemade fries, made with a secret mix of spices and herbs. I won't try to explain, just go grab some for lunch and you can thank me later.

The family there is most pleasant, and I felt welcome and appreciated. Such kindness in people up here in New Port Richey!

I highly recommended Rocky's for EVERYTHING on their menu.

Thank you!

Enjoy!

P.S. They're open 11AM - 9PM Monday - Saturday, closed Sunday.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This place has the best Philadelphia Cheese Steak ever. They are better then I ever had in Philly. The quality is delicious. The price is also reasonable. Not to mention everyone on the staff genuinely friendly. It is our go to place when we are hungry and don’t want to be disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2017

When I'm craving a really good Philly cheesesteak, this is my go to place.

They have a lot of other things on the menu but the cheesesteak is my favorite.

It's a little hole in the wall in a small shopping plaza just west of Seven Springs Drive on St. Rd. 54 near McDonalds. Easy to miss.

They also have a small kids menu.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I love a good cheesesteak! I've been living in the Midwest for the last 10 years, where a decent cheesesteak is a rare thing indeed. But we recently moved to Florida, and one of the first places that we discovered was Rocky's. I'm glad that we did! They really know how to make a good cheesesteak there! We prefer ours with Swiss cheese, and they are happy to make any of their dishes however you want. On our last visit, we tried their fried pickles, which I highly recommend. There are quite a few other items on their menu that I think we'll have to try, but we're having trouble passing up the cheesesteaks. I have a feeling we're going to be stopping in there often...

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017

So very disappointing this evening! We order regularly from Rocky's. They messed up our order once in the past but made it right immediately. That's what a business should do. Make it right to keep customers and those customers tell others what a great job they did in making a bad situation right. Tonight was a TOTAL TRAIN WRECK!!! I was told it would be 90 minutes for delivery and asked if I was OK with that. Certainly. It's raining and I'm not in a hurry. When the food arrived they completely messed up the order and everything was cold and soggy - GREASY AND GROSS!!! When I called to let them know, the daughter blamed the mother and told me If I wanted a replacement sandwich I would have to get it myself. I understand giving a replacement sandwich in the future, but what am I supposed to eat tonight when you put an ingredient on my food I can't eat? I specifically said NO MUSHROOMS. Oh - that's right....drive and get it myself. Do I get the HUGE tip I gave the delivery boy returned because I know driving in the rain sucks. There were lots of excuses and blaming other people for their mistakes but no one taking responsibility. The daughter of the owner had the audacity to say "You are just trying to be argumentative" - NO....I am trying to tell you the quality of your food and your customer service is horrific!!! I'm sorry to have to post this, but the daughter was incredulous, uncaring and rude.

Date of visit: August 2017