“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was excited about the reviews but the food was below average. Scallops were just plain no seasoning at all and watered butter. I ate mine because I was hungry we won’t be back. Others had the fish and prime rib they said it was good.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (597)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We always enjoy a delicious lunch served from 1100am to 4pm in the outdoor huts. We feasted on ice cold fresh large oysters with cocktail l9vesauce and horseradish. We also had mouth watering hot conch fritters. Absolutely delisious!!!! We followed that with a Thai salad and a Lobster salad. We washed it all down with ice cold Coors lite. Strongly recommend Pelican Bend for lunch. At 5pm the restaurant in front opens and they are lines forming at 4:30pm. Their signature dinner dish is the sauteed Red Ruffa!!! I highly recommend Pelican Bend for lunch or dinner!!

Date of visit: January 2021
Stephen Cooper, General Manager at Pelican Bend Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Raymon P,

Thank you for leaving a five star review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal. We hope to see you again, soon!

Stephen Cooper

Reviewed 16 December 2020

This restaurant came highly recommended by some friends and it did not disappoint! The only place that I have seen clam strips that large is on Martha's Vineyard. They were excellent as was the sautéed fish special. We will return!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Valerie M
Reviewed 6 December 2020

As a friend of the Cooper family I have some good advice that I hope is well taken and no disrespect intended
My wife and I r regular lunch customers . There is a community of people we know and see who come and want to dine inside in the heat of the day and see familiar faces to catch up . We had lunch outside once this year . It’s not the same as being inside . The kitchen is open ! what’s the problem serving tables properly distanced in that pleasant dining room with the opportunity to see old friends who are loyal and regular customers . It will give u extra customers who won’t come and be outside . Your old and loyal lunch customers will applaud u re opening the inside dining . With great respect for u all

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 3 December 2020 via mobile

We came in at the very end of lunch hours and they graciously seated us and fed us. My wife and I both had the special, fish tacos, which were so overstuffed with toppings that it was hard to taste the fish, but good nonetheless. My daughter and her friend both had a lobster melt, which was reported to be excellent.

It’s a nice, peaceful setting near the dock. We enjoyed watching the pelicans battle over fish scraps that a fisherman, while cleaning fish, threw into the water.

Date of visit: December 2020