4 people have started booking this hotel
3 093
1 557
1 005
1 229
All reviews tresor tower sorrento tower bleau bar liv nightclub pool area junior suite beach attendant beach service lobby bar hotel is beautiful ocean view amazing service people watching pool staff south beach spring break beach chairs
Selected filters
126 - 131 of 18 109 reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Elizabeth was AMAZING!!!! She made GREAT suggestions for drinks and they were phenomenal!!!!!! Her attitude and attention to details was superb! Elizabeth you are an awesome server. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and chat with you. Thanks for assisting our group with an excellent experience and service! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Fontainebleau Hotel Manager, Other at Fontainebleau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate this great review! Elizabeth as well as all of our Team Members go above and beyond to deliver the finest personal service, so it is truly rewarding when they are recognized for accomplishing their goals. We will be sure to share this review with our Team and in the meantime remain at your service.

Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Alejandra was amazing! She was prompt, remembered me and was very polite. It was very hot and she is a very hard worker. Make sure to ask for her if you are at the fountainbleu. She will take care of you

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2021

I haven't visited the Fontainebleau in 4 years. When I got the opportunity to travel again this year, I jumped at the chance to stay there because that's my comfort zone. I was confident that it would be safe, sanitary, excellent service and amenities as always. I was super excited when the price was right as well, due to various promotions going on.

I was wrong. Not fully wrong, but maybe 50/50. And for this review, I'm torn because I really want to give it 3.5 stars. 3 stars is too little, 4 stars is too much. And if you look back at my previous reviews, this seems to be the case each time. But it's like that relationship where you know there's probably something better but this is where you're comfortable so you keep staying and overlooking the things that should be cause to leave, right?

So let's start with check in. We arrived on a Friday evening, @ 7pm. The line was pretty long and there were only 4 people working at the check in desk. When it was finally our turn, the young man had no hospitality, no customer service, barely made eye contact and never smiled. I half jokingly said to him - I have a lot of requests, I hope you can help. He very dryly said - what are your requests? I simply asked for the lowest floor possible (bc I typically do not like to take elevators - more on that later). End result, he puts us on the 8th floor :-/ After check in, I recalled easily being able to take the stairs from previous visits. We were in the chateau tower, so I walked to the staircase only to see it now has a security swipe on it. I went to ask one of the bellhops if there was a way I could take the stairs and his response was - "usually if something is locked, there's a reason for it". Wow....ok. Someone else pointed me in the direction of the head of security who was patrolling the floor at that time. ROBERT WAS AWESOME! He informed me that he could open the stairs for me whenever I needed and to call for him but then he offered to ride the elevator up with me. I felt so comfortable with him, that I said yes. And I actually wound up taking the elevator for the duration of my trip bc I didn't want to have that inconvenience on both ends. HOWEVER, I must say - having taken the elevators at Fontainebleau before, there's a lot of wear and tear on them now. Staying in the Chateau tower, you used to have to insert your key card, in order to push the floors. The key card slot was broken in 3 of the 4 elevators and one elevator (the medical assist one), the doors were sooooo slow and the elevator itself was slow. There was nothing displaying on the screens in the cab anymore so for a claustrophobic like me, it was a bit traumatic from what I remember. I didn't mind taking them so bad in years past bc it was an experience. This time, not so much.

Anyway, enough about my claustrophobia. The room was ok, we didn't get a balcony. Nothing had changed which was good and bad bc again, you can see the wear and tear - the grout in the bathroom marble was discolored, the TV channels were fuzzy, no guide or info screen (you used to also be able to see your name and room charges on the TV), no more Macs in the room (I presume this is from Covid, but who knows), no room service but the QR code is posted with the menu - but everytime we called, dine-in was currently closed. What made that so bad was 2 restaurants are only open M-F (Blade/Vida) which I'm pretty sure is where their room service kitchen is out of. So, since we missed breakfast, we actually just ordered pizza from a local place who put the menu under the door.

The valet/departures area was a hot mess. We were using Lyft all weekend but for people who were trying to retrieve their cars, the waits were extensive and tempers were flaring. As we were waiting, I noticed one of the poles had been hit and was broken out of the ground....this looks like it happened awhile ago and just had not been fixed. The valet/departures area never used to be like this. It was busy but a well-oiled machine. Cars were always moving, I remember hearing whistles and traffic control. Now? It's just a free for all and unfortunately, young kids who don't care and one police car stationed there with sirens flashing but no actual officer, which contributes to the feeling of not being high end anymore.

Regarding Covid safety, there is none. There are signs everywhere that say - if you are not wearing a mask, you are verifying that you have been vaccinated. Nothing enforced, no one wearing a mask. I didn't even observe heavy cleaning and sanitizing anywhere. No housekeeping, which was fine for us but that may be an issue for others.

The pool - we found 2 seats pretty easily, we weren't picky so we wound up right next to the 2 smaller pools. CASSANDRA WAS AWESOME! Her service was top notch and she checked on us constantly to make sure we were ok. The prices at the pool are still excessive but again, if you're used to Fontainebleau prices, then you're prepared. Just make sure if you order a large, they give you a large. Noticed a few people around us receiving small drinks and they ordered a large - it's the difference between paying $30 for a small and $40 for a large. There was no fruit flavored water available anymore, just ice water. And it was only in 2 spots - I recall it being available everywhere. And biggest issue of all, there were no towels. We kept being told they were doing a load and they would have more out but everytime a staff member walked out with some, they were hounded and it was gone within a minute. They were also only bringing out 10 at a time. Not sure where the disconnect is here, but this is unacceptable. Be forewarned, there are huge iguanas at the pools - didn't bother or disturb me one bit and they don't bother anyone, just walking around. But if you happen to be skittish, just know they're out and they're friendly.

Food - we went to the coffee/gelato shop one night. I got a mango gelato that tasted NOTHING like mango and I wound up throwing it away, so $6 in the trash. The young lady working the line was verrrrrrry slow, so the line took awhile. Disappointed because I was looking forward to some dessert in the room that night. We ordered food at the pool, very good but they removed some options that I remember from before. Drinks at the pool were melting quickly bc of the heat, so keep that in mind too and drink fast lol.

All in all, Fontainebleau delivered a consistent experience but on a lesser scale. I was also a bit jarred by the clientele as it was not at all what I recalled and could be the reason for so many of the changes I mentioned above, in addition to the price decrease. But, at this point in the game, with covid still around, it is what it is and i'm just glad I could travel and take care of myself.

Date of stay: September 2021

We take customer service very seriously, and appreciate your feedback in order to improve our service level in the future. We value you as a guest and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a future stay.

Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Mr Guilinno M, was nothing short of amazing he made me and my friends feel so welcomed at the Fontainebleau. His service and energy was absolutely incredible.. Big thank you to him and the Fontainebleau for an amazing birthday trip!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will happily pass along your kind words to our Team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to sunny Miami Beach soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2021 via mobile

Alejandra served us all day and was great and super attentive. She brought us lunch and food throughout the day. She was friendly and made sure we were never lacking for anything we may need. She even found us when we weren’t at our seats.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We couldn’t be happier to hear that you enjoyed a blissful day on the beach and were taken phenomenal care of by Alejandra. Our Team works hard every day to show our guests how much we truly appreciate them. It was a pleasure hosting you this weekend, and we hope to see you again soon.