All reviews rooftop pool front desk marriott brand nice hotel floor to ceiling windows modern design uber ride boutique style ocean view liquor store free trolley lounge area hotel bar valet parking checking in hotel staff the entire staff
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the AC Marriot. The hotel was clean and stylish and the rooms are very spacious. It looks just as it does in the photos. The only negative was parking is valet only at $25/night. Everything else was lovely and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Would absolutely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2018 and found the position of the hotel on Collins Avenue very central on South Beach.
We opted to try their breakfast but found the buffet choice poor.
The best part of this stay was when we went to Lincoln Road, where we had a choice of good cafes and restaurants especially if the weather was good and you could eat outside on a pleasant atmosphere. We would recommend the Big Bus tour, the guide was very knowledgeable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
dennis t, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, or our own for that matter. I have shared your feedback regarding the breakfast buffet with our team. rest assured that we are taking immediate corrective actions to improve our guests' experiences. We hope to welcome you back during a future visit to Miami

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

When I first arrived at the hotel on Tuesday around 5pm, I was greeted by a young man named abimeal. It was honestly a very warm welcoming and smooth check in. Will definitely come again. Overall the hotel and my experience here in Miami was enjoyable.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Very close to the beach but not close enough to all the fun. The hotel is on 29th but all of the good restaurants and clubs are closer to the lower numbered streets - 3rd to the low teens if I remember correctly. So this is a fine hotel if you just want to be close to the beach - you literally walk across the street (and the road isn't too busy where you'd be dodging traffic) and the beach is right there. If you're coming to Miami to party and don't want to have to walk too far or uber/lyft too far then I'd suggest staying at a hotel that's in the lower numbered streets.

My room was spacious, clean and comfortable once I got in it but there was a great delay with checking in. I arrived maybe an hour before check-in time but the desk agent advised my room wasn't ready but they could keep my luggage for me. I left my luggage with them and went out to get something to eat since I was starving. That's another problem, this hotel has no restaurant or room service. They have a pool bar menu, a regular bar and Starbucks attached but I wanted some real food. I returned after the normally quoted check-in time and was told my room still wasn't ready. This is unacceptable. People travel and want to get to their room to unload, freshen up and enjoy their vacation. I shouldn't have to wait in the lobby or the pool when I'm paying good money to be able to relax in my room. Thankfully the desk agent saw the frustration and probably annoyance on my face and said she "put me ahead" of someone else so I can go to my room. I appreciated that but something needs to be done about numerous people not being able to check in (when they took my luggage from me to hold before I left to eat I saw there was loads of luggage that they'd kept for people who arrived but were also told they couldn't check in).

Again, the hotel is close to the beach, it's clean, the desk staff is courteous. Other than that I wasn't impressed and doubt I'd stay again unless traveling for work and have no other choice.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank FrugallyPicky
dennis t, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I can understand your frustration around not being able to check-in. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I assure that we are utilizing your feedback to improve our processes. We hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you visit the beach in Miami. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Here for ten night holiday from the UK with virgin Atlantic.
Access is two seconds walk from the bus from the airport. Exterior is lovely but across from some run down buildings.
Beach is a 2min walk across the street and is lovely.
You pay a resort tax of ***$24/day!*** and this includes a beach lounge chair BUT if you need a parasol/ umbrella this is an ADDITIONAL $20 and really shouldn’t be. Because of the intensity of the sun it’s pretty impossible to avoid this charge. We bought our own umbrellas from the supermarket but were told not to use them on sun beds we had paid for via the resort tax which is a bit mean.
Hotel lobby is lovely and the staff are great no complaints there.
Pool area is nice but a tad claustrophobic and there was no room for us the two days we wanted to use it.
Had a well appointed gym.
Didn’t use the restaurant or had breakfast there.
Room itself is lovely, nice and large. Shower water pressure good but had NO HOT WATER for 36hrs.
House keeping is good but had to request additional towels, water, coffee etc on a few occasions.
Walls are paper thin.
The lift makes a loud dinging noise several times on the floors and this is loud enough to be heard at the end of the corridors and can disturb your sleep a bit.
Supermarket two minutes away.
Lincoln Rd about 15min walk and pleasant enough never felt unsafe etc.
Lovely boardwalk to walk to South Beach / Ocean Drive which is about 30 min walk.
Packaging this with Virgin Atlantic the whole holiday for ten days and the hidden resort tax I think the experience of the hotel is perfectly reasonable but doesn’t stand out at all from other hotels I’ve stayed at in Europe or NYC etc.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank U1458PWstephenb
GM_ACMiamiBeach, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for staying with and we appreciate the feedback. We're pleased to hear that you utilized the amenities available at the hotel. The amenity fee is $20 plus tax per day and includes two beach chairs daily, beach yoga, bicycle rental, and enhanced Wifi in your room. We apologize the water issue during your stay. That was not a normal occurrence and our team worked tirelessly to correct the technical malfunction. We hope you will consider the AC Miami Beach again in the future.