All reviews orange blossom rooftop pool complimentary breakfast south beach lincoln road mini bar sister hotel per day coffee maker boutique hotel yogurt resort fee block miami collins minibar umbrellas
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The SBH Hotel Miami is about 25 min away from the airport by car.
Arrived a little bit weired because the reception is for two hotels.
Check in time was 4 pm which is quite late. Check out 11 am. So for first night you pay full fare almost just for half day.
We arrived at the hotel around 11am, but we could use the pool area at the roof top which was quite beautiful.
At 1pm we got our room.
To reach the room from the reception it was nessasary to change the building.
The standard room with no view was ok so far. A lot of things to buy like tanning cream and stuff. Comfortable bed and a tiny bathroom with complimantary little shampoo and so.
The breakfast was served in a restaurant called „Orange Blossom“, which was a desaster.
I booked and payed for a room with breakfast. But on the breakfast menu says „complimantary“. Which is not correct. It can not be complimentary when i paid for it. Next thing was, i may just make a choice of one item from the list. Every additional item would be charged. (Little bowl of musli 14$) eggs not on the list, must complain first, then you ll get eggs. Next thing, guests of both hotel a dining in this hotel, but different breakfast menus. They can order between salmon eggs different style etc. I complained and wanted to talk to the manager. Reception staff promised me, he will call me. But never heared from him. For me a desaster. All in one, never again...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Turkstarhost
BoulanManagement, Front Office Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Its feedback like yours that helps us improve in providing the best service to all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back to see our improvements.

Best regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Stayed here nice hotel rooms good no pool but so near to beach would stay here again Boulan pool can us on roof top next door free beach beds lovely beach lots to do great places to eat shopping all with in walking distance

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are delighted the hotel met your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back.

Best regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 22 May 2018

The SBH is really just a wing of the Boulan. There is 1 lobby, which can be access from the SBH entrance, but it would make more sense to just direct ppl to the Boulan in the reservation confirmation email. The 2 hotels also share a pool. And yes, as previous reviewers have said, it does require 2 elevators, but I didn't think the walk was a big deal and I'm pretty lazy...

We had some considerable issues at check-in. One member of our group made the reservation and inadvertently selected 1 adult. She was not able to join us until later in the evening, so she called to add our 3 add'l names to the res so we could check-in. The CSR she spoke with did not mention that the res was only for 1 person (A manager later told us that the call center "doesn't know the hotel policies.") When we checked in, we were told there would be an extra $50/person/night charge for the 3 extra ppl. When we asked what it was for we were told "breakfast and towels." I have done a fair amount of traveling and I have never been charged per person for towels. We asked to speak to a manager but one was not there and front desk did not know when one would be in. We came back 2 more times over 12hrs and got the same response. We were finally able to speak to a manager the next afternoon, and he removed the $50/person/night charge with no questions.

The good:
Location. 1 block from beach, easy walk or <$10 Uber to everywhere else we ate/drank.
Molton Brown bath products, replenished daily
Comfy beds
Reasonable "free" breakfast. Orange Blossom is around the corner (to my knowledge there is no way to enter it from w/in the hotels). The included breakfast menus has a variety of items, reasonable portions, and a choice of juice or coffee/tea.
Nice pool area with daybeds and plenty of shaded areas (pale girl here!) There are also vats of sunscreen (only SPF 30) and post-sun lotion. As previous reviewers have noted the pool is not huge, but it is fine for lounging around. I don't understand why ppl seem to expect like an Olympic sized pool. What do they plan on doing in it? Holding swim meets?
Nice bathroom: Rain shower, lots of counter space. Yes, the door is frosted glass and does not lock, but it wasn't a big deal. 1) if you're sharing a hotel room w/ someone I assume you trust them not to peep on you in the bathroom. 2) We all know what ppl do in the bathroom, it's not like I was worried my friends might know that I have to use the facilities on occasion.
Nice public areas. The SBH courtyard and the courtyard btwn the Boulan and the SBH were both nice. Lots of green space, tables, couches, loungers.

The bad:
The room smelled mildewy and was damp. The thermostat (which was oddly high on the wall and would have required me to stand on something to see if I didn't have taller friends) did not go below 72. 72 is a reasonable indoor temp, if the AC reduces the humidity. The hotel's AC did not - it just blew warm damp mildew-scented air around. There was also no fan in the bathroom, so multiple ppl showering made the room more humid. The hotel obviously has the capability to have strong efficient AC b/c the hallways were aggressively air conditioned.
Calling our room a suite is taking liberties with language. It was a 2 double-bed room on the smaller side of normal with a small entryway containing a love seat and a coffee table.

The just weird:
There is a coffee maker in the room, like in most other hotels. However, unlike most other hotels the coffee is not free. I have never been to a hotel that charges for the in-room coffee. There is no sign on or near the coffee maker nor is the coffee listed on the minibar price list.
Housekeeping came at 8am. If that was not a good time for you and you didn't remember to put out the "service pls" door hanger you just didn't get housekeeping that day.
There's an ice bucket in the room, but no ice machines. When I called to ask where they were, I was told that the restaurant could send some ice, "if [we]really need it." We were in the room for add'l hour and the requested ice never arrived.

It total, the location makes it a reasonable low-cost option, but I will not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa S
BoulanManagement, Front Office Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Melissa,

We are sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations. It is stated online that we share a reception and amenities with our sister property; the Boulan Hotel. There is an extra person fee which is stated on the registration card you initialed upon check in. We did go ahead and remove the fee for you as a courtesy. Since your visit we have updated our AC systems to better serve our guest. AS for the coffee, each reservation now comes with two complimentary capsules. We hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Recently spent 4 nights. Staff was super friendly and answered any questions we had. Has a very comfy outdoor lounge area, rooftop pool is located next door but easy to get to. Only negative was no ice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tarah M

Dear Tarah M,

Thank you for choosing SBH South Beach Hotel. I'm delighted to hear that our staff was able to assist you with inquires that you had during your stay with us. I'm sorry that we did not communicate to you that we have ice machine on property .We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I booked my reservation through Booking.com which showed what was included (breakfast, gym, pool, etc). I didn’t understand why when I checked in I had to pay for breakfast and the other amenities that I could’ve sworn were free. The pictures of the room shown online definitely did not look the same at arrival. The phone in the room to call front desk or house keeping didn’t work at all. The toilet in the room was not clean. The pool and roof top were beautiful (This is why I even gave this place some pointers). However, just to get to the pool you had to walk through one building to another and use two elevators (that was just too much). Also breakfast is allllll the way around the corner (not in the hotel) and it wasn’t even that great. I’ve been to Miami so many times and had much better services elsewhere. Overall experience for a “South Beach Hotel” was terrible.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ebbie623
BoulanManagement, Front Office Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

We're sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. We have worked hard to fix the issues you experienced with the room throughout your stay. It is mentioned on booking.com that we share our amenities with our sister property the Boulan. The complimentary breakfast was included with your reservation. However any additional item would be a la carte. We hope you give us another chance at creating a South Beach experience.