Reviews (3 075)
3 075 results
2 151
2 151
All reviews blt popovers rolling stones ocean drive tv in the mirror colonial style south beach rooftop deck boutique hotel art deco beautiful hotel front porch turn down service lobby bar small hotel people watching lincoln road
223 - 228 of 3 075 reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights at the Betsy and had a wonderful stay. Best hotel on Ocean Drive with loads of character and style.
Service / food and cocktails were all excellent.
The rooftop pool is a great place to relax away from the noise and bustle of Miami.
If you don’t like too much noise ensure that you book a room overlooking the internal courtyards as all other rooms have a constant rumble of Miami (noisiest city I have ever visited).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BetsyManagement, Owner at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Gillyjump,

Your review was particularly special to me because you stayed with us for six nights so I know you had a chance to discover so much of what we have to offer - from nightly jazz to yoga on the roofdeck in the mornings, meditation, and wide ranging arts and culture programs. Not to mention food and our luxury accommodations.

Our new rooftop pool is exceeding guest expectations, because (yes) there is a serenity up there, but you also have a 360 degree view of beach and cityscape. You definitely know you're in South Beach - but the best part is that you can't hear the street chatter from up there, though you can still feel the energy.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your trip and to comment that we are 'the best hotel on Ocean Drive!'

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I wanted to love this hotel but was disappointed. On Saturday I was checked into a room without a phone. This left me very concerned for my safety as I was single traveler. When I asked for a phone to be brought to the room, I was told a new phone would not fix the matter. The line was broken and it needed the attention of an engineer who would arrive on Monday or Tuesday. There was no comparable room to move me to so I remained in the room until the next day. I was charged the full rate of $614 dollars for that night despite the broken phone and sleepless night.

Service throughout the stay was also problematic. One day the lower pool was closed for cleaning and the roof pool deck was being powerwashed with strong chemicals that blew across the deck chairs. The cleaners were wearing protective gear as they went about their work as guests tried to enjoy themselves despite the extreme noise of the machine and the odor of the cleaning chemicals surrounding pool guests. It was awful!

Breakfast food was very tasty but came with very slow, chaotic service each morning. Drinks at the lobby bar took forever to make and serve.

The property is clean with nice decor but not worth the money, in my view.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathyrogers726

Dear Kathy Rogers,

I am writing as a member of the ownership family at The Betsy Hotel to apologize to you for your disappointing experience in South Beach.

Despite your experience you were kind enough to comment on the property's cleanliness and decor, and mention that the food was delicious, which was so generous of you.

Rather than respond to each and every one of your concerns, I would prefer to speak to you in person.

Please contact me at your convenience. It's my hope that you'll consider returning again, so you can fully experience what we have to offer.

dbriggs@thebetsyhotel.com

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Our stay at the Betsy was wonderful. We were provided early check-in and upgraded to a suite, and it was very nice. The "continental breakfast" was very good and actually a three course meal. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Enjoyed spending time at the rooftop pool and on the deck overlooking the ocean. Excellent location. Also, enjoyed having use of Peloton bike in fitness center. Special recognition to the Alley Pizzeria. Great pizza and very cold draft beer. We would definitely return to the Betsy.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BetsyManagement, Owner at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear wf0wler,

Glad to hear your stay was wonderful in every way. Thank you for sharing your good experience with us.

Peloton and Pizza - we often hear that these are two aspects of a Betsy stay that were unanticipated but amazing.

And the best part of it all is that you're going to return.

We are definitely looking forward to hosting you on your next trip!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

One of the most iconic landmarks on Ocean Drive overlooking South Beach. A convoluted root to our room (2 hotels have effectively been merged into one and connected on the 3rd floor) was awkward.

Value for money was poor for a hotel of this supposed standing......very expensive for a relative poor service in the mornings at breakfast time. We were kept waiting on 3 occasions for over 20mins plus, no buffet breakfast, every item ordered and charged!

Very nice roof top pool where the service was excellent and much better than downstairs and I should highlight 2 superb concierges who were both very helpful and efficient.

Overall, however, we were left with a tinge of disappointment of what might have been......

Room Tip: Try and book rooms near the front of the hotel for both outlook and ease......far less to walk
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe E

Dear Joe E,

As you can imagine, our goal is to provide a stay for guests that is perfect in every way. So it's painful for us to get a review that is titled 'A disappointment!' Though your experience is not the norm - don't think for a minute that I have not heard your comments. I apologize for your experience.

Without making excuses, let me address some of your comments directly. I want you to know that, our food is specially prepared, with not a single item mass produced, as our chef is deeply committed to high quality cuisine. What this does mean on occasion is that there is a bit more of a wait. I assume when the food was received, that you enjoyed it. I hope that was the case. I would say that a 20 minute wait for specially prepared food would be somewhat the norm in our fine dining restaurant. I am hopeful that you were able to visit The Carlton Cafe to enjoy Panther Coffee and home baked goods, because that would have been a much quicker place to grab breakfast; that is a recently opened venue on our property that many are enjoying from morning til night.

Our concierge team is the best on the beach, no doubt. Like so many of our team members, our concierge team has been with us for many years. They are part of The Betsy Hotel family, and take seriously their commitment to making your stay the best is can possibly be. Thank you for letting us know they achieved this goal.

Please come see us again, and we'll work extra hard to make your next stay perfect.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Now that i have your attention.....the Betsy on South Beach in the art deco area of Miami. A charming boutique hotel, with an ever obliging staff. To put it simply, it fits the 'home away from home' analogy perfectly.
Except when checking out & requesting to pay the bill, half with credit card & half cash. I confirmed with the guy at reception, there were three sealed ANZ Bank envelopes containing $450 each. He responded yes, & said the final account would be emailed. You've guessed it........ no email. The ever capable concierge, Omar assisted & eventually an email from the General Manager, indicating an investigation was underway....months have gone by & no further contact. The email statement eventually arrived...... missing $450.
How can this just disappear in a Hotel of the Betsy calibre ?
All the good work is undone by one individual, a few days before Xmas !
Beware the Betsy.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Andrew B,

I have carefully reviewed your comments and am deeply concerned. I will be looking into this immediately and would appreciate connecting with you in person. Since you mention that our Concierge is already in discussion with you, I will connect with him to discern the status of your prior conversations.

My email address is below if you'd like to reach out. As a member of the hotel ownership family, we take allegations like this very seriously, and will get to the bottom of it to our mutual satisfaction.

I appreciate your generosity in commenting that despite your frustrations over this situation you still found our hotel charming and our staff, ever obliging. Indeed, we do have a great hotel, and its the team in place that makes it so.

dbriggs@gmail.com