All reviews jackson memorial hospital medical facilities bascom palmer sketchy neighborhood gated garage marlins park winn dixie free shuttle free breakfast cruise port shuttle service sitting area fridge and microwave yogurt restaurant downstairs uber ride hot breakfast
Reviewed 12 August 2018

If you are in the area, whether for a medical matter, to take in a major-league baseball game, or just a place to stay before or after a flight or cruise, you really should consider this property. While the surroundings aren't the most luxe, and the construction is very much evident in the parking garage, the rooms are spacious, thoughtfully and attractively designed. Expect the warmest greetings, whether you are just arriving or returning for the night after a day out. The bedding, linens and toiletries are marvelous, by the way, reflecting the obvious desire of the entire staff that you enjoy your stay with them. We'll be back!

Room tip: Specify a room on the south or west sides to avoid road noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank merrybrook11
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this for convenience to marlin stadium. They are undergoing construction. The rooms were supposedly redone but the bed is awful. If you like mushy beds then you will like it. But if you need a firmer mattress and have a bad back your night will be endless. I was up all night. It was noisy outside. It’s by the hospitals so you hear ambulance sirens. Bathrooms are sliding doors with no locks to be walked in on. Elevator for parking garage was out of service but no sign and no stairs. Had to walk up entire lot to get out. Customer service was awful. When I complained the next morning the lady at front desk was useless. When I asked for something she said I can take parking off yet my parking was included in the price and when she gave me the receipt it was for same price as what I already paid online. I showed her the paper and said it’s same price she said well I took off parking.
When asked for manager she seemed annoyed and had me wait. Waited 10 min no one shows up. Then went on Marriott app to do text feature. On a half hour so far waiting and stlll no one. I will never stay there again nor recommend this hotel. The only positive was the guy behind Bar who served us food not that you know there’s a restaurant there. He was so pleasant and helpful.
I checked my mail while waiting for response on app chat (still nothing) and saw 2 invoices one for more money than I paid online then a second one removing parking that brought it to same price as what I prepaid. So she thinks she did me a favor she did not. I think her name is Gwen.
Don’t expect to sleep if you stay there.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I was worried after paying so little for a night at this hotel. Upon walking in we were greeted by a very friendly young lady. She got us quickly checked in. Parking is a bit inconvenient but it’s a secure garage in the back of the hotel. The hotel is under renovations so when I saw the lobby I instantly worried about the rooms. The rooms are perfect. Very spacious and so clean. I was pleasantly surprise. Pool is small and doesn’t appear to be the cleanest. The gym is also small but has what I needed. Breakfast is included also. With AAA I got this beautiful room for 115. Worth every penny for a hotel snob like myself.

1  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I stayed here overnight recently because I had major surgery the following morning at the nearby hospital, and didn't want to drive down through Miami traffic (where everyone obeys the Rules of the Road...of his or her country of origin) early the next day. But even if I hadn't been in that situation, I found the place a real delight, as did my wife, who stayed the next few days on her own.
The place has been recently remodeled, and is spotless, modern, and so comfortable. The spacious room had all that we could need: mini-fridge, microwave, shower and toilet in separate sections (the shower quite large), flat screen tv, comfortable king bed. I couldn't eat, but my wife had several meals there, and found the selections limited but quite tasty and reasonably priced.
But the best part was the staff's attention and courtesy, particularly Daimy (whose name I probably misspelled), who checked us in and set us up in the room. She really made us feel welcome, responded to any requests we had promptly and with a smile. She is a real jewel!
The location is specific to those with business or tourism in downtown Miami, but it that's your case, you could hardly do better!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KentheEnchanter
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by Universityof Miami Hospital as a place for family members of cancer patients to stay. When we called to reserve a room, we were assured the property had handicap facilities. What they didn't tell me is that the entire hotel is being renovated. The handicap facilities are virtually non existent, there is only a small cafe pretending to be a restaurant, and parking cost an additional $17/per night. Staff was unfriendly. Would not recommend this property to anyone, much less to families of critically ill patients.

Date of stay: June 2018