All reviews pollo tropical miami airport front desk big walk in shower free parking at the hotel pet fee modern design glass door shuttle service complimentary coffee great hotel lower floor taxi fare long layover clean hotel bathroom sink good size
Reviewed 8 November 2018

We stayed here for 1 night in between flight connections. The staff were very warm and welcoming but we found the hotel itself to have sort of a cold feeling. Very tall ceilings. Furniture not real comfortable. Bed was very comfortable. Band in lounge was so extremely loud that we did not stay. Breakfast very limited unless you want to spend $$. They even remove coffee when breakfast hour is over. We are more used to the Hilton properties and just felt that this did not measure up.

Room tip: Reserved a King but given a corner double Queen because they had no King rooms available.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 65kathyj
ryanhendriks, General Manager at Aloft Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear 65kathyj,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Aloft Miami Airport and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. The Aloft is indeed "different by design" and your feedback will be shared with our team in an effort to understand our guest needs.

We were happy to read your interaction was warm and welcoming with our associates as this is very motivating to our team and inline with our Brand promise.

Thank you Again and we hope to have another opportunity to host you within the Marriott family of Hotels.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night in Aloft. Lobby is clean and inviting. Staff friendly. No charge for parking. Room very clean and bed comfortable. Chain restaurants in the area. All in all a good place to stay and better than others in the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2018

We booked here for a few reasons: near the airport, dog friendly and reasonable price. We were in Miami for about a week and didnt want to spend alot on hotel and pet fee. Friendly staff, clean room. The only thing for us was not many restaurant options near by

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2018

The first time I stayed here I thought the hotel was a good economical place to stay close to Miami International Airport. But today was a different story.The shuttle from the airport was a disaster. I called the hotel at 8:52 pm to say I was at the airport and was told that the shuttle driver would be informed and I should wait by Gate 5. Waited and waited and waited. At 9:28 pm I called the hotel again and was told that the shuttle comes every hour and the next shuttle would be at 10 pm. "But I was there before 9 pm", I said,"and there has been no shuttle since". I was told to take a taxi and get a receipt and I would be refunded. Got a taxi, was taken to the hotel, got a receipt of sorts and went to the reception. Waited for almost 15 minutes while the receptionist tried to sort out a situation with another guest who booked 2 rooms but could only get one. Eventually the receptionist went for help and someone else checked me in. I was told that the receipt from the taxi was not an official printed receipt and could not be honored. Instead I was given a voucher for breakfast and for 2 drinks at the bar.
I guess I should be grateful for the voucher and 2 drinks, but it is so disappointing that this new hotel should so quickly get onto the slippery slope. Almost 2 hours to get from the airport to my room. And a feeling of controlled chaos in the air. What will happen next?
Aloft. Get your act together. Do better. Right now I'm tired, frustrated and pi#$ed off. Thanks for the vouchers, but would prefer the service instead any day. Nice trendy rooms but right now I cant see through the cloud of tiredness and disappointment.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
ryanhendriks, General Manager at Aloft Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Good Day Mr. Graham,

Thank you for staying with us at the Aloft Miami Airport Hotel and provided us your feedback.

I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from the Aloft brand.

I understand we failed to meet your expectation and execute your shuttle requests in a timely manner. Please know that I have discussed your concerns with the team and will do a full investigation in an effort to take the steps to prevent a similar situation.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I could be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is super clean, with a fun atmosphere. Great location and convenient to the airport w transportation available. Esther at the front desk is amazing! So helpful and kind. We love the hotel and highly recommend it!

Trip type: Travelled with family