“Great experience ”

Airboat Rides Melbourne
Ranked #4 of 19 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We believe that when you go for an airboat tour that you should experience a real airboat adventure! Your safety is our primary concern but our goal is for you and your family to have an exciting airboat experience while skimming across the St Johns River and swamps and to share as much information with you as possible about the alligators, wildlife, birdlife, fish and plant life that abounds on the marsh. Capt Mike has been in the area for for over fifty years & grew up hunting & fishing on the St Johns River! We offer basic airboat rides lasting 30-40 minutes but we are known for our educational eco tours lasting 60 or 90 minutes. We also do early tours & evening tours by appointment April thru October. We do our tours strictly by reservation so you don't have to stand in line or wait for enough people to show up to fill the boat! We do have a four person minimum but we can usually pair you up with others. Capt Mike is a member of Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff & has done fishing shows with Bill Dance Outdoors, Jimmy Houston Outdoors, Johnny Morris,Tony Stewart & others along with magazine articles in Outdoor Life, Guy Harvey, Florida Travel, Spacecoast Living, Florida Today & the Miami Herald newspapers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Took the 1 hour tour we were out for almost an hour and a half just the boat ride itself was exciting to see the wild life an extra gift.Our guide told us a lot about the area and a history of the lake and the Saint Johns river. The pictures attached to this review tell more than my words could worth the trip

All reviews
"eco system"
in 5 reviews
"hour tour"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"worth the trip"
in 7 reviews
"florida"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Me my wife and 2 boys went out for an hour tour with captain Mike. We had an awesome time. Captain Mike was very Knowledgeable of the wildlife and surroundings. We saw about 15 Alligators and he made my oldest son day by letting him ride in the co captains seat. We payed for 1 hr and got 1 1/2 hr. Thanks for a great experience. Highly recommend!!!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We were rolling through Melbourne on our way to Ft Lauderdale - on a whim I called and talked to Captain Mike who worked with us to schedule a ride that same day. I told him my kids were interested in seeing gators - not only did Captain Mike work hard to ensure we saw them, we learned a lot about gators and about the swamp during our tour. Very highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Adkins D
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Captain Dexter was a blast and very knowledgeable. Our kids got a nice lesson on the wild life during a nice airboat tour. Highly recommend

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 April 2018

There were many excursions to choose from and I highly recommend Airboat Rides Melbourne..the reservation was easy to arrange..we actually got a return call from A.M. unlike a couple other companies. We left on time, were told exactly what to expect and the guide knew just where to go to find a variety of wetland animals...An amazing #of alligators , which was I wanted to see! And the boat ride was just what I pictured...exciting and fast...but I never felt worried about anyone’s safety. The protective earmuffs and pre trip suggestions made it very comfortable. This was a bucket list item for me for years..and became me for my husband and friends once they stepped aboard!

3  Thank Joan B