“Does Not Honor GROUPON So Don't Even Try”
Review of Steagles Pub

Steagles Pub
Ranked #208 of 504 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The only reason we tried this place was because it came up as a Groupon offer...or so we thought. We walked in about 10 minutes before 7pm to a completely empty bar/restaurant. The bar tender who came over with the menus seemed pleasant enough, until she saw the "Groupon." She then hesitantly informed us that "her boss would not accept Groupons after 7pm." We informed her thar it was not yet 7 but she apologized and said again that her boss wouldn't take it.

At that point we got up and walked out. I dont blame the poor server. Having worked as a bartender / waiter before, I completely recognize the look of bullied, hen-pecked staff.

No surprise that this place was completely empty.

2  Thank Benthebearcat

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Owner and bartender were super efficient and friendly as were other patrons.
Ladies bathroom was super clean:)
We will definitely go back again to try one of the delicious cheese steaks that were being served. Looking forward to eating one!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Don't buy and use a Groupon here! Owner has made it clear he doesn't like it! Don't know why he continues to do it? he has expressed he does not like to take a customer's that redeem them here! Made me wait 20 minutes on purpose to process my Groupon and cash payment while holding onto my phone! When he was asked a third time by the bartender to process it he said this is a pain in the a__ very verbally! He then brought me my change and told me he was going to discontinue Groupon because he hates it. this is my third visit here and when he recognized me as a prior Groupon customer he was very standoffish and not very friendly. I will not be going back and I no longer will praise His restaurant. As for the bacon cheeseburger I ordered I should have went to Wendy's it was lousy.

3  Thank Bammn
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Recommendation from a local friend as we were looking for a takeaway lunch. Stopped in for a beer and spoke with the owner and staff. The bar has a great atmosphere and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The Cheese Steaks were the best I have tasted. Despite a short visit I would recommend for either food or a drink!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The staff was nice. The small space for the very loud band was a bit off. The food was not to bad with a descent selection of bar food, but it was greasy. We only go if we know who the band is. A nice little hole in the wall pub. Good for the locals & sport fans

1  Thank jagcatlady