“Thai Noodle Soup-Delightful!”
Review of Thai koji

Thai koji
Ranked #102 of 478 Restaurants in Melbourne
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I called in the soup order at lunchtime. When I arrived 25 minutes later it was packaged and ready to go. This was pho chicken. The faint aroma of chicken and lemongrass wafted through the car en route home. The broth was lovely with a slight sweetness, lemongrass, ginger and garnished with cilantro and scallions. This was not a pre-made boullion; it was out of the box with hints of differing fresh unique flavors. The breast meat of chicken was plentiful; fresh and moist. They provided crispy bean sprouts on the side. I added my own jalapeño peppers. I really enjoyed the soup. I planned on eating only half the soup but ended up eating every drop. It was really, really delicious.
The menu is extensive....offering an array of Japanese and Thai foods. I am excited to dine in the restaurant and feast on a variety of items. An eating adventure about to happen soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I had lunch at Thai Koji today and was blown away. I had a Panang curry lunch special. The food was excellent. There was more than enough to eat and very generous with the portion size. The price made lunch an excellent value. Lunch specials include a bowl of soup and an egg roll. The service was prompt, attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is nice and the establishment, including the restroom, is very clean. There are a few outside tables. I want to go back and try more dishes.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I reviewed this place in January after our first visit and this visit was equally good.
I would say that the Thai Mixed Seafood Noodle Soup was very good, but the broth could be less sweet, I think I tasted lemon grass back ground.
The sushi; octopus, squid and salmon roe were very good.
The Tofu mixed vegetable soup was very tasty and well balanced broth.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We had sashimi, hand roll, gyoza, steamed snapper fish and jumbo shrimp garlic sauce.
The sashimi, Ika (squid) and Saba (marinated mackerel) were perfectly sized and served, the Hamachi Temaki (yellowtail tuna handroll) a cone of nori filled with rice, scallions and in this case yellowtail was excellent. The nori wrap makes it. The steamed fish was in a delicate ginger sauce that blew me away and the shrimp dish was delicious.
Wish I had taken more and better photos.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to give this new entry into the Thai food of Melbourne a try. We had read all the reviews and decided we needed to go!
Good heavens it as fabulous! The tum yum talay it was great! We ordered everything Thai hot and it did not disappoint! The broth was excellent!
The gyoza was just great! And the fresh spring roll was super !
The Koji Dragon Roll has eel and tuna and it was superb! Very tasty and the seafood was fresh!
Ann and her brother are so sweet and helpful as there was a hiccup getting our Sake open but they prevailed and all was a great experience! Can’t wait to go back and it will be sooner rather than later!