“Fabulous private 4 hour nature cruise”
Review of Jimbo's Charters

Jimbo's Charters
Ranked #7 of 15 Tours in Matlacha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jimbos Charters is a family friendly fishing charter located in Cape Coral. Fishing inshore and backwaters for Redfish, snook, trout, Snapper, cobia, tarpon and sharks. Fish offshore up to 9 miles for snapper, Goliath grouper, Amber jacks, and other species depending on seasons. Whether you're a novice or a seasoned veteran to fishing you will have an eventful day.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We booked through Groupon and had an incredible morning with Jim on his great boat. We were delighted to have many dolphins play so close to us in the boats wake. We saw a large variety of birds and had manatee close by. The views over the islands were spectacular and Jim’s skill and knowledge were evident throughout the trip. Highly recommended- thanks Jim!

James C, Owner at Jimbo's Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you came from Scotland and had a great time out on the water.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"water"
"dolphins"

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Capt Jim is amazing! So friendly and personable! We went on the 2 hour dolphin tour. We saw so many pods of feeding dolphins and he got several to jump and play in the wake of the boat! If you go, go early! We went from 7a-9a. He said as the day goes on, the dolphins get tired and don’t always play. We found him on Groupon and then booked through him directly. He can only take up to 6 people. You defiantly will not regret this experience!! Waaaayyyy better than a big name dolphin cruise. Just book this, okay?

James C, Owner at Jimbo's Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for the great review! It’s my pleasure putting people in touch with nature and seeing all Florida has to offer.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Captain Jim took out my husband, me and our two children, a boy who is six and a girl who is 8 years old. We did a half-day fishing charter with Captain Jim. We all had an excellent time. Captain Jim was very focused on making sure our kids had a good time, were learning, and catching fish. My husband and I fished as well and caught fish. We caught a few nurse sharks during the trip that we threw back!! Sooo fun!!!! We all caught enough for dinner for the night, which was awesome. Captain Jim's boat is excellent, lots of space to move around, and very comfortable seats. My family and I have been on several other fishing charters, and we must say that this is definitely the top one. My daughter caught an 18 inch trout, and my son caught a 15 and a half inch trout. They caught many other fish, but those were there biggest catches that we kept. During the trip, we could tell that Captain Jim genuinely wanted the kids and us to catch fish, and he would get super excited as soon as we got bites. After our trip, Captain Jim filleted all our fish and put it in a ziplock bag with ice. We took that bag to a nearby restaurant, Sanibel Fish House, where they made the fish. Yummy!!! I would definitely recommend Captain Jim, and when we return to this part of Florida, we will definitely contact Captain Jim again. Thanks so much for the wonderful time! The kids say thank you as well. :)

James C, Owner at Jimbo's Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

It was definitley my pleasure having all you on board and having fun. Hope you liked the video of your trip as well you can see it on jimbos youtube account Aug 9. Thanks and see you next time.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I came up to the Cape Coral area for a few days and decided to dedicate a day to fishing. After some local research we called upon Jimbo's Charter for an afternoon fishing trip and it was great!
Captain Jim is knowledgeable and a good guide, he knew the Matlacha fishing channels and waterways very well and knew the target spots for fishing Redfish and Snapper. Afterwards, to finish the day he took us for a ride to see Dolphins swimming right along side us for some great pics! My family and I had a great time... Highly recommend!

It was my pleasure taking you all fishing and having the help of the dolphins jumping beside the boat at the end. See you all again when you come back.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I just returned from North Captiva and spent a half day fishing with Captain Jimbo. All I can say is that it was a pleasure to fish with him! The boat was amazing and Captain Jimbo was very knowledgeable! Also, my 10 year old daughter Sophia had an amazing time and caught most of the fish thanks to the captain's patience in teaching her all the techniques. I would highly recommend Jimbo's Charters to anyone who wants to have a great day fishing!

It was my pleasure having you all fish with me. Sophia was an awesome little angler! Hope you liked the video of your trip on jimbos youtube channel dated July 2.