“Awesome house, great vacation :)”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful Pool and lanai area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
1QAli
Miami, Florida
“Awesome house, great vacation :)”
Reviewed 13 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I really have no words to express how enjoyable our stay in this house was.

The pictures provided really speak for themselves, the house is just as great as it is described.

It is awesome, beautiful and big, modern and comfy, it had plenty of space for our party of 13

(from ages 2 to 75), It is very well maintained in a cleaned and quiet neighborhood. The location was convenient, with supermarkets, convenience store and nice restaurants nearby.

We felt so comfortable in there, it had a full kitchen, with a complete dinnerware and cookware, it’s full of modern appliances. Being able to make our own breakfast and watch the sun rises every morning was also a big plus. Sitting in the second floor balcony, breathing fresh air and enjoying the view of the lake were so relaxing. All the rooms are spacious, with a lots of windows to let the sun shines through. The bathrooms are clean and well supplied.

The outdoor activities keep the big kids busy at all times, 4 bikes and a rowboat were there for our use. The swimming pool was heated, so it was pleasant for the small kids.

Marlene, the owner was there upon our arrival, she was professional and friendly, she gave us a detailed tour around the house, she was always pending, making sure we were doing ok, she was very helpful, accommodating and replied fast to our e-mails. The security deposit was returned promptly, within 10 days of the end of our trip.

Overall, staying here was a great experience and I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you have a large group.

Thank you Marlene for allowing us to stay in your house. We hope to do it again soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful surrounding, gorgeous view and all the amenities this house offer
Liked least: The wifi, for some reasons it doesn't work at all :(
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Nov 2015
Dear guest,

Thank you for your glowing review. I thoroughly enjoyed being of assistance to you and always make sure you have everything you need.Thank you for choosing Hemingway House.

Kindly,

Harold E
“Good house bad experience”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I'm not the type of person who goes around only seen the bad parts of life, but since I experience this I want to share it so the next person that comes looking for a review have this in mind before renting.
Me and my husband rented this house for his birthday, were from Miami but he's only friends and family members are from Naples so we decided to rent close to them so they don't have to drive such a far way.
The house is beautiful and we have a good time that weekend with the only inconvenience that the neighbor got bothered by the music that of course we didn't mind to put it down cause it was not our intention to bother no ones peace. I didn't spect that to happened either but oh well everybody is different .
I call the owner next day and told her about the incident. We stayed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night I spend like 2/3 hrs cleaning the house, I did the laundry of the towels we used and my mother helped me clean the kitchen and the refrigerator, I did some moping of the floor, I even made all the beds before we left on Monday morning. My husband took all the garbage out and place it on the containers and put them on the side walk for the truck to take in the morning.
Monday morning we wait for the owner for the check out. She came and inspect the house room by room, closet by closet. I told her I did the laundry and she thank me for it . She step out side and ask me to tell my husband to remove some toys from the pool, I was surprised by he when ahead and took them out. ( I'm talking about 2 or 3 little toys ) ... Not big inflated toys, and the pool had toys in it when we arrived to the house so I though it wouldn't matter to her.
We asked her if everything was ok ? She said yes for now. I didn't really like that reply but we thank her and left. I asked her when I was going to get my $750 deposit refunded, and she said 1-7 business days.
(The deposit is to cover any damage that you might cause in the property.)
I didn't really like that reply but we thank her and left.
The day after day or the next day... Surprise!!
She email us saying that she put a claim over the $750 deposit to take away $150 because the house was extra dirty, and that I had 9 people in the house and she rented for 6 not 9...
This extra persons are the ones who lived in Naples and they didn't even slept in the house. I told her that she should put on the description of the house that she does not allowed any visitors during the stay. I also told her all the work I did on the house before we check out in Monday... Thing that I didn't have to do because that's why she's charging $200 for cleaning.
We are used to rent houses in different locations to enjoy weekends and festive days and this is the first time that a owner tells me that the house is extra dirty after all the cleaning I did . I felt aggravated and after a few emails she didn't reply anymore. We contacted Trip Advisor and told them what was going on.
End of the story , a few days later we got an email saying that we were going to get our full deposit back.
I DONT RECOMMEND THIS HOUSE TO NO ONE, AND IF YOU DECIDE TO RENT IT MAKE SURE YOU HIRE SOME ONE TO CLEAN BEFORE YOU LEAVE OR YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL LIKE I DID !
Safe vacations to every body

14 Nov 2015
In hindsight, I believe I did not make myself clear to this guest.
I decided not to pass the extra cleaning charges along and instead rewrote the house rules for future guests, This is is a home for relaxing, but it is not suitable for the hard partying crowd. Please look at the other reviews.
Unfortunately the reviewer left out some important facts. .The rental and cleaning fees were priced for a total of six people. A neighbor took a picture at 7:52 in the morning that showed 4 vehicles in the driveway. Are the children driving? According to the police report, which I received days later there must have been at least 12 people including children. Hemingway House is in a residential neighborhood and loud partying will not be tolerated. A neighbor took a picture with a dolly full of beer cases being hauled into the house! The neighbors on each side of the home called the police on two different evenings for noise disturbances. I let the reviewer know about the disturbance issues and she promised to keep the noise down.
After meeting at check out, the house looked roughly fine in terms of
nothing being broken etc. However later the house cleaner approached me, saying the upstairs floors were extremely dirty which needed much extra care (hardwood floors) as well as there being gum on the kitchen floor, floss pics in plant pots, and cigarette butts and bottle caps everywhere in the front and back yard. Smoking is not allowed on the premises at all per the rental agreement
anakarla1...
Miami, Florida
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

The most wonderful experience!
We rented this beautiful home to celebrate the first birthday of my goddaughter. Upon arrival the owner was waiting to give us a tour around the house and explain how things worked in the house. She was very nice and caring. My favorite part of the house were the rooms, very spacious, with king side bed in all rooms. The view is spectacular. If you need a place to relax and leave the madness of the city this is the place to go. At night we were fishing on the deck and we had a great time. Everything you need is less than 5 mins away. (Publix, Walgreens, ect) Our family really enjoyed the stay, we can not wait to return next summer. Thanks Marlene for making our stay memorable.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the rooms and the pool
Liked least: parking space
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
10 Nov 2015
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you again for your kind words, I take great pleasure in making guests stay very enjoyable.

My best regards,

Emma B
Miami Beach, Florida
“Beautiful tropical getaway!”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I were lucky enough to find Hemingway house after another close friend of ours had seen such great reviews of the property online! The pictures truly do not do the home justice. It was one of the best weekends my husband and I and our two other couples which are close friends have had in quite a while! Talk about a relaxing much needed trip. It was truly everything we hoped it would be and more. A few of our favorite things spent doing at the home included relaxing in the sun by the pool, using the bikes provided by the property for a quick ride to the Snook Inn and nearby restaurants, and utilizing the rowboat they had out back. It was truly a dream worthy vacation and we absolutely hope to rent this property again in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The gorgeous water view
Liked least: We loved everything!
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Nov 2015
Dear guest,

Thank you for kindly leaving such a great review! I always thoroughly enjoy when the guests give me a a wonderful feedback!
It is most important to make all guests welcome and go the extra mile to achieve that goal.

Regards,
Marlene
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing