“Great Experience!”

Green Water Boat Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: See what the locals see! We take you to less traveled beaches, mangroves, and other tropical, beautiful locations among the Ten Thousand Islands.
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Captain Mike was personable, knowledgeable, and patient with our young children. We wanted to see dolphins and he knew exactly where to find them and was even able to get them jumping behind the boat. The adults loved all the history of the islands and he made sure the kids enjoyed the whole experience. Can’t say enough great things! We’ll definitely be calling Green Water Boat Tours again!!

Mike G, Owner at Green Water Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

I’m glad you all enjoyed our tour. The kids were great!
Thank you for coming out and for the great review!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"dolphins"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Our experience with Captain Mike and Green Water Boat Tours could not possibly have been more positive. I booked him off of strong recommendations in a Marco Island Facebook group, mostly locals. Out of 10 recommendations, he received 7 referrals so I felt safe on the booking. I emailed him. He asked for my cell so we could talk. Friendly, polite fun on the phone...asked the ages of my kids and what we were looking for. I said I want a private tour that is laid back and can focus on shelling, seeing the dome houses and plenty of dolphin watching. That my children are young (6 and almost 3) so we need to play a little bit by ear. He checked in with the day before to make sure the tour was on and suggested we move from 10am to 12noon due to the unseasonably cool temperatures. When we go to the marina, he was there, waiting and ready with a cooler bag of water for us. Helped us load our gear. My 6 year old immediately identified with him as Captain Mike talked to him, getting him excited for the ride. My kids have never been on a boat. Made getting their required vests on a fun adventure and off we went. He really seemed to gauge what we wanted to spend our time and filled the 3 hours perfectly. We first went looking for dolphins. This was a lifetime memory. We saw some from a distance and as he moved the boat around, they got closer. He was hoping as he sped up, they would want to play and chase the boat and they did, jumping out of the water. It was out of this world! My kids were screaming with excitement! I wish I had videotaped it but didn't have my phone on me! Then, he took us to see the domehouses, shared a lot of history, even had a booklet he made with old photos. From there, he took us to his favorite shelling island on the Thousand Islands. No one else was there. We had the island to ourselves. We docked, he walked with us for a little bit, identifying all the different types of shells to my kids. Then he let us adventure on our own and at our own pace. When we were loaded up with shells and ready for the ride back, we meandered back. The only thing my son wanted was a starfish and sand dollar. We found a sand dollar but no starfish. Captain Mike knew that and found him a starfish while we were shelling. Made my son's trip! Nice trip back through the islands. Even on a cool windy day, it was an amazing adventure we will never forget! 3 hours to the minute! As you can tell, I can't recommend enough. Small private and the same price for a family as the 'bigger' companies. Booking him is booking a local Marco Island native. Captain Mike and Green Water Boat Tours is where it is at!

Mike G, Owner at Green Water Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much!
It was a really fun time for sure. I’m glad he likes his starfish, (non living of course), hope it made it home in one piece. I look forward to seeing you all next time in town.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Don’t even know how to put in words how great a morning we had with Captain Mike. He hand picked the best shells for us to take back home with us, he talked to us about the island and the history. We were comfortable and felt at home on Captain Mike’s boat. We saw all the wildlife you could and it was as gorgeous as ever! Thank you Captain Mike, we will be back and my friends will all too!!!!

Mike G, Owner at Green Water Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Well what can I say except, thanks again. It was a great day. I look forward to seeing you guys again next time!
Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Don't even know where to start...Best boat tour ever. Shelling, seeing manatee's and dolphins, cruising the island with Mike telling us all about it. If you want a really great boat tour experience, this is the guy to call!!!!!

Mike G, Owner at Green Water Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

I really do appreciate you taking the time to give me such a great review!
Thank You!
I am glad the marine life was so cooperative.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

A brilliant day with Captain Mike. We're a family of 4 from Scotland who are difficult to please. Tour was arranged through Facebook with really prompt responses. All pre arranged plans fulfilled, boat was in great condition, welcome was warm and friendly and we set sail right on time. Mikes commentary was fantastic with brilliant engagement with our teenage kids. We laughed so much. We spotted dolphins, various wild birds and visited the Dome Houses. Mike found us some real nice shells as we had no clue what to look for. Shell Geek Mike then picked up the pace and the boat trip home was fun. Can't recommend highly enough. Best wishes to Mike for the future, really deserves any business this review may bring him.

Mike G, Owner at Green Water Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Stephen, thank you so much for the kind words. I had a great time as well, the banter back and forth was fun. Thank you guys for coming out! I hope you enjoyed your time on Marco and have safe travels getting home.

Driver Mike