“Had dinner on a cool night.”

Harry's Continental Kitchens
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$3 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Get ready to eat like a Longboat King at Harry's! Harry's has a take out deli and a sit down restaurant located in the heart of Longboat Key, Florida. Our gourmet cuisine is created by Harry Christensen, our award-winning chef who's been a fine dining staple of Sarasota for over 40 years! We are minutes from St. Armand's Circle, Lido Key, Bradenton Beach, and Anna Maria Island. Please feel free to review the deli, the restaurant, or both places.
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Had dinner on a cool night. There were 4 of us and we ate outside next to a heater. Another table of 4 sat next to us and the waiter moved the heater next to them. We said something and he moved it back. It took 1.5 hours for us to get our meal. When we got it, a giant man, the manager came out and moved the heater again. I didn’t know who he was at first and asked. He responded with a very sarcastic response. Neither my friends nor I will be returning to Harry’s

1  Thank cpacva
Lynn C, Owner at Harry's Continental Kitchens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your time at Harry's and hope we can exceed you expectations next time.

Write a reviewReviews (719)

Reviewed 22 February 2021

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the outdoor seating area! Service was great and waiter was friendly! Food was awesome! Great place to enjoy a relaxing outdoor meal.

Date of visit: February 2021
Lynn C, General Manager at Harry's Continental Kitchens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again at Harry's!

Reviewed 20 February 2021

Total disaster on last nights dinner.
After bragging to new friends about Harry's and the wonderful ambience every was excited about dinner.
Two of the guests ordered the grouper and snapper and they liked their choice. My husband & I ordered the special of Prime Rib. He ordered the king I chose the queen. The other gentleman ordered the strip steak. As the dinners were brought out by two people I was served by Susan and my husband had his food delivered by another young lady. When did you ever hear of serving behind the persons back. Hot aujus spilled all over his crotch. He jumped up so fast & I didn't know what happened..
The young lady claims she said watch out or I'm behind you which none of us heard.
Even the table next and behind us were in disbelief. The other gentlemen's NY strip looked like the flattened sole of a shoe, was tough and had no taste. I might add our Prime rib came out almost raw when we asked for medium rear. Sent them back & not sure how they re -cooked them but it ruined whatever meat there was as the rest was all fat. I ended up with a piece of meat the size of my palm. My husband lost his appetite as he was in a lot of pain and just wanted to go home. Harry's removed his prime rib and the NY steak from the bill.
The manager wanted to give us a complimentary deserts but we all declined. My husband was in pain and just wanted to leave. After waiting a ridiculous amount of time waiting for the check every one was clearly disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2021

We again deeply apologize for the accident and we hope we can make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2021

I've been reluctant to eat out during these challenging times, but felt very comfortable with all the Covid measures I saw at Harry's. They have a large outside terrace with well spaced tables and all the staff were using great care to provide a safe experience. We went for brunch with another couple, locals who recommended the place, we had an amazing meal, everyone ordered different things, my wife said it was the best eggs benedict of her life..and she's no spring chicken...I opted for the huevos rancheros ...riquísimo! , although we were full from the portions, we opted to walk across the street to their bakery/ deli place and took some carrot cake home for dessert to enjoy later that day...find this place...you won't be dissapointed, but you will become a frequent diner....

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank ElHandyman
Lynn C, Owner at Harry's Continental Kitchens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this awesome review! We greatly appreciate your business!

Reviewed 1 February 2021 via mobile

We have come here several times while visiting in-laws. Last night we really enjoyed ourselves and the dining experience. I had the oyster Rockefeller and the snapper special. My wife had the grilled romaine salad and scallops. Everything was excellent. We shared a large sundae which was great.

With a glass of wine, the dinner was a bit pricey at $140 before tip....but worth it!!!

Date of visit: January 2021

Thank you for the review and we hope to see you back at Harry's soon!