Open today: 08:00 - 17:30
Review Highlights
Wonderful Boat Rental Experience

Absolutely a GREAT place to rent a Boat if you are on the island or in the area. Staff and owners... read more

Reviewed 11 March 2021
WPS1012
Great boat rental operation on Longboat Key

Reviewed 28 March 2020
Donald M
Miami, Florida

All reviews great boat customer service sarasota bay helpful staff center console awesome experience rental experience couple of years boats grady fishing ft sales water repair gw gulf
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2021

Staff and owners were on hand and helped plan our trip and get our boats ready and included many great stops and ideas. WOOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM !!!

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 3 December 2020

BUYER BEWARE! With over 40 years of boat ownership, Cannons was by far my worst boatyard experience. If you love your boat and your hard earn money, look beyond Cannons Marina. There are many other options in the Sarasota – Bradenton area. I can document that I was charged for parts and services never received. I have proof that poor technical capability and diagnosis caused thousands of dollars of unnecessary corrective repairs. I was told I needed expensive parts and repairs, only to learn the parts were not defective and required. When I presented the facts, some of the charges were reversed and I was asked not to return. Arrogance and lack of caring seem to be their trademark. it took some time to expose them. Glad I'm gone.
I've discussed my experience with many area boaters and learned I am not alone.

Date of experience: June 2020
Reviewed 28 March 2020

My wife and I are down on Longboat Key FL staying with mother-in-law and riding out Covid-19. What better way to social distance than get out on a boat in Sarasota Bay or the Gulf and do some cruising and some fishing. Went out three times, the first with wife and MIL in a 21 ft Grady White Fisherman center console. Awesome boat--top of my list for retirement. Mostly stayed in the Bay fishing on grass flats and the LBK inlet. A few days later I rented a 17' Scout flats boat for some fishing by myself, entirely in the bay. Another great boat, built for a different purpose, of course. Yesterday I went back to the Grady to get offshore.

So the Cannons crew, who have been on LBK for decades, know their boats, know their water and know good service. Highly recommend them. My only complaint is that they have shut down the rental operations for the next couple-three weeks because of all the NY/NJ people fleeing to Florida. That would be me, except I've been here for a few weeks already and satisfied whatever quarantine anyone might want. But I sure wish I could get out again for as long as I'm cooped up here...

They also do sales--I may be back in a couple of years for my own GW.

Thanks, Cannons!

Date of experience: March 2020
1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed 22 March 2020

rented a boat for a day trip with family and friends and couldn't be more pleased with the service. very helpful staff gave great recommendations. boat was well maintained. price was very reasonable. really enjoyed it, thanks cannons marina

Date of experience: March 2020
2  Thank 394MichaelP
Reviewed 20 October 2019

We rented a 21 ft v-hull from these folks for the day. Upon arrival, the staff provided us with a map of the area and even provided great insight into places and things we wanted to do for the day. They took us out to the boat and provided detailed information regarding the features of this particular craft. Having the v-hull is the way to go, I own a triton and I just don’t think it would fare as well in those water (just my thought). Only downside was my better half purchased a bottled iced tea from their cooler and it we discovered it was expired and had some sort of “gunk” in the top. All in all a very good day and service from these folks!

Date of experience: October 2019