“Pleasant surprise”

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #46 of 509 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Another major corporate chain restaurant in our city with no listing on your site.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was my first time eating at Bonefish. I pass the restaurant several times a week and thought it was just another in a chain with no personality or charm -- and certainly not good food. But I was very pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was more formal than I expected -- white tablecloths on the tables -- and the ambiance was quiet and warm. The manager was on hand the whole time, greeting his customers but not chit-chatting too much. Naturally they specialize in fish, and three of the four of us ordered fish entrees. One was spicy hot, mine grilled perfectly, my companion's simple but tasty. Everything was super fresh. The wine list was adequate and the prices reasonable. I look forward to returning!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, you can reserve seating ahead.Calamara was nice, lightly breaded-fried, Fish menu was great selection with white wine. Hostess,Waiter, Manager were all accommodating. Enjoyed company and meal. No waiting. Complimentary unbrella to your car☔

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We tried to go for dinner with the family. We were told 25 minutes for a table, we left after 50 minutes with many tables empty, but I guess it was more important to hold a table for call ahead and not seat a family that had waited twice as long as promised. I wouldn't go back!!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We eat here a few times a year and the value and the quality and quantity have declined. The last visit was awful as far as service. Took two hours to eat and had to beg for more wine. Bang Bang keeps getting smaller and has been almost inedible tasting like it was cooked in old oil.
We ate here again last night and while the Bang Bang still was very meager, again, something if off with the recipe. Green beans weren't as flavorful and overcooked and the jasmine rice looked "flaky" instead of fluffy.
The highlight of this visit was our waiter, Hunter. On his "A" game. Haven't had that good of service at Bonefish in the last year. We may have to take a break from this place which is a shame as there aren't too many places to choose from in Lakeland.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

The reservation policy at Bonefish needs scrutinizing by the management. My wife and I arrived 23 minutes early for our 5:00 p.m. reservation, and asked if we could go ahead and be seated. The host told us that we'd have to wait until closer to our actual reservation time. We didn't mind waiting and received our text message about 14 minutes later and were seated. We looked around the dining room and were surprised to see 15 empty tables. When we finished our meal around an hour later, the room was filling up, but still, there were a few empty tables. It wasn't really clear why we had to wait. The server was friendly, and the food was good.