7 people are viewing this hotel
2 370
1 647
2 370
1 647
All reviews atrium view adult pool emerald bay old hickory steakhouse self parking ice sculptures wreckers sports bar family pool beautiful hotel scavenger hunt resort fee attending a conference water slides disney world family vacation alligators everglades
Selected filters
22 - 27 of 5 581 reviews
Reviewed 27 February 2021

It is a tremendous shame that one decides to vacation here and for not speaking English receives so much abuse and menacingly they have come 3 times to entertain me with the manager just because I consume him drinks and meals and they do not offer you pizza on the menu and my girls only eat pizza well what I have passed I do not wish it to anyone after my family paid 800 dollars for a reservation to eat pizza that I bought it inside their own hotel they want to take me out and they say the manager is coming to take me out

Trip type: Travelled with family
Customer Care Team, Agency / Consultant at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

878kamilat,

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize for falling short of your expectations. I assure you this was never our goal and we look forward to using your feedback as a training tool for future guest interactions. As a valued guest, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We also recognize these are unusual times and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

It's a weird time for hotels and I feel for the loss of revenue and jobs so I'm not here to whine about cost cutting measures which were obvious and understandable and resulted in long waits to check out and get food but with which we were happy to be patient given the required staffing levels. However, I stayed here for a week and on the day we arrived we seriously debated checking out. For hours. It seemed like almost no guests were taking the pandemic seriously at this hotel and the staff was either powerless to enforce mask wearing and distancing, or they were not even trying. The pool was PACKED. You had to squeeze past maskless people standing around drinking and talking to get to your seat or the bar or past group activities run for screaming (maskless) kids to get from the pool to a slide. And I even had to work hard to convince the lady working the slide entrance to let me wait in line with my mask on (promising to hold it in my hand while going down a slide) so I could worry less about standing in the crowded line. There were yellow feet painted on the ground where people were supposed to stand while in the line to space out but no one was paying attention. My kid didn't want to use the slides because he said (without me prompting him) that people were too close together. It was sad. We decided to give it a full 24 hours and rented an expensive cabana at the "quiet" pool the next day. It was barely any better spacing wise and still almost no one wore masks at that pool when walking around the pool deck, going to the bathroom, getting drinks from the bar or even in parts of the inside of the hotel. The gym had 11 people working out and two were wearing masks. The others were breathing heavily at an arm's length distance. It wasn't a safe hotel. We started researching other properties in the area (since we had driven 1200 miles to be there) where we might find a less crowded pool. The next morning before we could book anything we noticed there were significantly less people. Better but still not great. We checked into it. There had been a gymnastics competition going on in the convention center and it was now in its final hours...we decided to stick it out another day and see if even more people left. The next day it was like heaven at the pool. It was far easier to space out and the majority of the people who were still there were wearing masks when walking around at the pool and everyone was wearing them inside the hotel now. Maybe the hotel thought they couldn't do anything when faced with a crowd of maskless gym competition parents partying at the pool, but it also didn't look like they were trying whatsoever. Yellow feet painted on the ground and a great deal of signage were little more than meaningless decoration to these other guests based on the behavior we saw. The staff were great and the food was okay. I probably wouldn't return if there wasn't a pandemic because there are so many places to choose from but I WOULD NOT recommend you go if there is anything planned in the convention center. Apparently the hotel is opening a new pool/lazy river area in March which will expand the area to space out, but it won't help if you have kids because the "quiet" pool is going to be adults only when the new area opens...so probably not much improvement for families. We needed the sun and ended up pretty happy overall but we lost the first three days of our vacation and had to spend like crazy to create some space for ourselves at the pool. I would prepare to do the same if you want to go or look elsewhere.

3  Thank Wellington24
Customer Care Team, Agency / Consultant at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Wellington24,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our resort and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of safety and service is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Reviewed 20 February 2021

I am here now and it is literally the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I've had better customer service at a motel six. Waited 20 minutes to check in on the 2 people working at front desk even though there were over 12 kiosks. When we did finally get checked in we were given the wrong info about the pirate package we booked. No one at the front desk picks up the phone. You can't get into any of the restaurants bc most are closed and the rest are booked up with reservations. No hours of anything listed or given anywhere. The room service menu is not available online and no hard copy in the room. But they do promise 30 minutes or free, then you get it in 45 (very much not free). And they left out our kids food so we had to call them back. So many up charges ($30 dollars for self parking, resort fees) and yet they treat you like crap. It is pretty to look at but a miserable experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Lhveal,

Reviewed 16 February 2021

So the hotel is typical Gaylord awesome surroundings and feels like a theme-park throughout. Our suite was large and cozy and all staff were Marriott-marvelous. The absolute highlight however, was the service my family received ( 7 of us ) in the dinner buffet. The food was hot, delicious and plentiful, but "Frank" from Peru is a STAR!!! He was so kind and attentive throughout, and he kept our drinks full and the kids smiling all dinner long. He truly was the highlight of my stay. Thank you so much, and seriously, give Frank a raise : )

Room tip: Get an atrium view
1  Thank 14sleeves
Reviewed 15 February 2021

I just walked through the lobby and I was discriminated against. I am disabled and I was just trying to be a customer of the hotel and they harassed me and threatened me. I will be taking legal action against this bullying hotel and advise anyone who is disabled, knows anyone who is disabled or is not disabled to avoid this place.

It's very unfortunate that the employees of this hotel are totally ignorant of the laws and of human rights. This is going to have dire consequences on the management of the hotel. I am contacting my legal assistance.