“Great atmosphere service and food”

Caroline's Other Side
Ranked #194 of 480 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: Craft cocktails in a classic setting just steps from Duval Street in Old Town, Key West. A locals' favorite. You'll feel like you've stepped back in time and found your own hide away. Located in the historic Porter House on the corner of Caroline and Duval in Key West, Florida.
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Cool atmosphere. True martini bar low light vide. Ashley from Louisiana was an excellent bartender. Great Mahi-Mahi dinner.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018

My husband and I really like this place! Bar tender was very friendly and had many suggestions for things to do and see in the area!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to The Other Side a few times last year while in KW and decided to check it out again this year. We enjoyed it just as much this time around. I just wish they had a happy hour!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

The reviews and suggestions I found other places encouraged me to add this to our list. Although a craft, speciality cocktail is not necessary to enjoy KW, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to at least try it. The idea is neat. A mansion with porch space and even a garden to sit in. When you enter the home you can turn left for, "The Porch" (craft beer), or turn right for, "the other side". When we entered the other side the place was full at the bar. Slow moving with a female bartender catering to the whims of some guy at the bar while another couple waited several minutes to settle their tab. I should have picked up on their sour looks that whatever they had just experienced was not enjoyable. My husband was going to order my drink and he did give the bartender my order. Little did I know at the time that the bartender was also informing some others at the bar to not let their friend, sitting propped in the corner, puke in her bar. If I had known I wouldn't have bothered to stay in a place putting on the fake facade of being an upscale cocktail bar but is really just a dump with questionable guests. I let my husband go get a beer with the idea we'd meet on the porch. But as I waited, and waited for the bartender to even begin my drink (I'm left thinking each drink takes about 15 minutes), I heard a big thud and crash behind me. The guy that I didn't know about until that moment was flat on the floor bending me, sort of twitching but seemingly unable to help himself in anyway. I swear I was the only one that jumped up and suggested he needed medical help as he didn't appear to be able to move. Some guys said to leave him and they'd go get his friends sitting on the porch outside????? I have no idea, I gathered my husband and left in complete disgust. I hope that poor guy was not hurt badly and was kindly brought somewhere to recover or get treatment. Enjoy yourself, but come on, can we can try to have some dignity?

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank JCJake
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I paid $35 for a drink and it was a mediocre experience at best. Do no waist your time. Go to any other bar nearby. Bartender was rude and not interested in our business. I will never go again.

Date of visit: May 2018