“Yum!”
Review of Mo's Restaurant

Mo's Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 468 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Okay, Andrew Zimmer...ever since I watched him try oxtail on Bizarre Foods I have wanted to try it. Yes, I was a little bit nervous. The owner showed me how to eat it correctly. It was delicious. Full of flavor and tender. The broth, which I ladled over my rice and beans was great and the mixed veg sautéed in garlic...yum! By far the best meal I’ve had in Key West!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We both liked Mo’s better than El Siboney. Great Haitian food. Dinner like atmosphere. Very casual. The Pumpkin pie was fantastic.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to try Mo's after going by several times and reading about it. It was well worth it! The cook was also the one waiting tables. Fixes everything after it is ordered. One recommendation, you don't need to order an appetizer. So much food! Everything was so good! Enjoyed the Seafood ragu with all the veggies along with shrimp, fish and scallops. The pies were amazing as well. Very flavorful with a good bit of nutmeg in the pumpkin pie and a touch of almond in the key lime pie to take away the sometimes overpowering lime bite. Definitely will be back next trip.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We went there because we were tired, hungry and it was open. What a treat! The food was fresh, delicious and plentiful.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

This place was one of only a few restaurants in my life where I walked out before ordering. I walked in and got a semi greeting from two Haitian gentlemen behind the counter. The place inside was pretty run down looking and empty. I was pretty much ignored for a few minutes until I had to get up and ask for a menu.

Everything on the menu was ridiculously priced for what it is. Almost every item came with a choice of red beans or black beans and rice. Entrees were anywhere from $17 to $25. In Orlando, where there are TONS of Haitians and restaurants that cater to them. The entree that was $22 would be about $7 there. I understand its Key West and all but I won't pay $22 for about $3 worth of ingredients.

So..finally after looking over the menu for 10 minutes and getting no table service whatsoever, I got up and walked out. This place is an epic fail. I would suggest you go to Mex joint if you really want beans and rice and skip this place.