“Pricy”

Ranked #143 of 479 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alonzo's Oyster Bar is the place to be if you are looking for an outstanding casual meal whether it be lunch or dinner along with the very best Happy Hour on the island... 4-6:30pm everyday! Our Chefs have mastered the art of pure dining pleasure no matter what you choose from the varied menu. Alonzo's Oyster Bar, as you would guess also offers the largest oyster selection of any restaurant in the Florida Keys delivered live, fresh daily! Dining options include our outdoor patio with view of A&B Marina or indoor AC for those steamy Key West days. First come first serve basis, reservations are never needed just walk in and enjoy!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We only had clams casino which were alright, nothing great. The oysters were $3.00 apiece so we left after the clams casino

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2 239)

5 - 9 of 2 239 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love Alonzo's for happy hour. We have visited a few times in the last few years. We always get great seats on the waterfront. We can watch the people walk by and enjoy a few cocktails. We also take advantage of their happy hour oyster offers. I'd saw another review that mentioned bad service. We experienced nothing short of great service the times we've visited. This has become our favorite place on the Key West waterfront.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant for dinner before heading back to the Key West Express to go home. The service was good. The shrimp I had was delicious! My husband and son had the fish and chips. They thought it was good but the portion of fish small for the price. Key Lime pie delicious. My only concern is that I used my check card to pay for the meal. This was the only place I used my card that day. The day after we got home I had a call from the bank that my card had suspicious activity on it! It was used on a square reader in California! I’m not saying that my information was stolen at this restaurant but it certainly makes me wonder? Next time I’m in the Keys I guess it will be cash transactions at all establishments so I can avoid the hassle of waiting for a week for a new card!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped by for happy hour about 3 weeks ago with my wife. Had the peel n eat shrimp-excellent,and the mussels which were even better.The gentleman serving us was friendly and there when we needed him,Only problem draft beer was flat-terrible,we ordered one did not finish it ,changed brands and the second was just as bad.The couple of men sitting next to us at the bar had the same problem and complained.The restaurant was very busy at this time so we just left cash and left.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Depending on what you want you may or may not like this place. If you go for service then you might try somewhere else. If the food is more important then you need to go. The first time we tried to eat there was at 8pm we waited for a hostess for about 5 minutes then were seated. A server never showed up after 10 minutes and one walk by our table twice, so we left. When we got up and left the hostess ran and grab our menu's before we were even off the patio. It was like they never had any intention of waiting on us. We would not have gone back but it was the only place that served fried oysters that I could find.The were absolutely wonderful!!! But this time we went about 5pm, so maybe that was the reason for great service!! The server was attentive and visited with us for quite some time. So you may or may not want to go!!