“Amazing food, but the wait was WAY too long”
Review of Blue Heaven

Blue Heaven
Ranked #24 of 395 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 April 2021

We wanted to eat here for brunch, since everyone raves about it. Our friends ate there the day before and loved it. We got there to put our name in for 5 at 11:45. We were told about an hour. After an hour and 20, my husband went to go ask because the text link said 12 people in front of us! When he asked, he was told 2 people in front, and we still waited another 10 minutes or so. Not sure who was wrong. I really wanted to just leave after a little over an hour, but we had already waited that long, and it seemed like it would have been more of a waste of time to leave. The food took a really long time as well. All in all, I think we wasted over 3 hours of our day to eat here, which kind of irritated me. The food WAS really good, once we got it, but not sure about the long wait times making it worth it. I had the BLT Beni, their signature dish, and it was amazing. My kids loved the pancakes. They were huge and fluffy. Maybe don’t go on the weekend, if you don’t like to wait long.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (14 973)

73 - 77 of 14 975 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2021

Waited too long (40 mins) for eggs and cold coffee (2x) . Next time bfast at home and try the dinner. PS: a local and I understand.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021

I have been to Key West a handful of times and my one complaint is that the food in Key West sucks! Then I found Blue Heaven and the rest is gravy! Service is perfect, food was amazing! I had the Black Grouper the first trip which was amazing and the second night I had Jerk Chicken, that's right Jerk Chicken and it was prepared perfectly! In closing, we all know Key West is expensive and Blue Heaven is not the cheapest but clearly not the most expensive and the food is worth every dollar! Thank you Blue Heaven!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

The banana and blueberry pancakes were heavenly! Adorable ambiance with live mellow music. Great brunch place. My teens loved it!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021

Blue Heaven is a fun restaurant that offers up fresh cuisine in a very "Key West" like atmosphere. The cocktails are good, the food is fresh and the live music made this a great dining experience! Oh... and don't forget to get a slice of Key Lime Pie before you leave the table. You won't regret it!

Date of visit: January 2021