Orchid Key Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
Very Good 4/5
La Te Da Hotel(Key West)
Very Good 4/5
Reviews (2 249)
2 249 results
1 924
1 924
All reviewsorchid barhappy hourduval streetpool arearooms are moderncontinental breakfastperfect locationpool and hot tubhemingway houseboutique hoteltrip to key westsmall hotelyogurtwithin walking distancehard boiled eggsan oasisloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
12 - 17 of 2 249 reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was the second time my wife and I stayed at Orchid Key In and the sanctuary in Key West keeps getting better. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the grounds are awesome- great pool, outdoor hot tub, mini bar that doubles as your morning breakfast spot...and the breakfast is included. Kim and Cindy make you feel like an old friend and are helpful in assisting you find cool things to do in Key West. Do yourself a favor, Saturday here!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Attention to every detail. Cindy, Kim and Peter in the office. So helpful. Alex Scott and Teresa in the bar! Wonderful.
Perfect room and pool. Quiet on Duval St. Location is amazing. Old meets new. Beautiful

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I decided to go to Key West since it had been on his bucket list for years. We stayed at the Orchid Key Inn in room 109 (honeymoon suite) for four nights. When we arrived we learned that we had been upgraded to this room and we had absolutely no complaints. The room was spotless and very roomy. The bedroom was in the corner of the motel and was very, very quiet. This Inn is also in a perfect location. It is on the quiet end of Duval Street but we were able to easily walk to all of the sites, bars, restaurants and attractions. The Inn has a small pool and an awesome little pool-side bar. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choices. Having a nice relaxing breakfast around the pool was a great way to start each day. The staff members at the Orchid Key Inn were all friendly and very helpful. Front desk employee Kim was especially helpful. She recommended several activities and restaurants to us and all of her recommendations were spot on. She was always asking us how we were doing and what she could do to make our stay better. The martinis are great but be warned they are STRONG. If you are headed to Key West, I highly recommend staying at the Orchid Key Inn.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debrae853
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful ambience, lovely accommodations and excellent and professional service! We felt so relaxed there, a testament to the care provided by Kim, a stellar employee who works the front desk. She is professional, friendly and provides great tourist info as you navigate Key West!!! Honorable mention Trudy, another professional member of the Staff!
Highly recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MAR-GEOLongIsland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We absolutely loved this place. Seriously. I don't really know how it gets any better. Cindy, Allen, et al. are simply fantastic. The service is second to none and it's all done sincerely. I mean, these people actually, really, truly like you and enjoy what they're doing. Allen is absolutely hilarious. Happy hour is not to be missed. Even the other guests and visitors are as happy to be here as you. There's not a frown to be found anywhere around.

We stayed last week for five nights in room 103, one of the king suite rooms. We wished we could have stayed for seven but the room was booked. Darn it! There were three of us traveling: Me, my wife, and our college-age son. The boy had the front room/living room and my wife and I had the back bedroom. Everything was spotless when we arrived and they even gave us a box of chocolates (nice touch). AC worked great, bedding was perfect and a perfect weight given the climate. Room was bright during the day and perfectly dark at night. The back bedroom was SO quiet. I mean, I never heard our next door neighbors, didn't even know they were there. No voices. No music. No TV. Not even the sound of water running or a toilet flushing. This place was QUIET. I LOVED that. My son, however, did say that the front room got some street noise and he could hear people talking outside his window when they returned late night from the bars. Other than that, I can't remember ever staying in a quieter hotel, sleep-wise.

The pool is nice but small. But the bar, whoo boy, the bar. Wow. Just, well, so much fun. When we arrived we were given three free drink tickets for each night of our stay. However, during happy hour, beer and wine are free and all other drinks are 20% off. But what was nicest was the chance to chat with other guests. It's a very convivial atmosphere.

As for the concierge service, we were never once steered wrong with their recommendations for dining or activities. These people know what they're doing and they want you to be happy.

In short, this was such a fantastic experience, when we return to Key West in two years, we will absolutely stay here.

I do miss that happy hour. :-)

Room Tip: Two person rooms around the pool are quieter than the king suites towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family