“The Bext of Key West”
other travellers have booked this property
Your Pad!!!
kayaks hammock
kayaks
paddle boards
20 plus Bikes
Treadmill, Golds Gym XR 55 Home Gym , Golds Gym Vinyl Weight Set 100 lbs., Indoor Cycling Exercise B
hammocks
formal entrance.JPG
top porch view.JPG
airplane wings gate
Deep Water Dock
private tennis court with waterviews.JPG
Cabana to chill out.JPG
2nd floor stairs.JPG
living room jaccuzi
Living Room Jaccuzzi
Tike Hut with Pool Table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Bext of Key West”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

My friends and I decided to vacation in Key West for a week. I found this house (resort) online and fell in love with it instantly. When we got there it was even cooler and better than I thought it would be ! The place is beautiful, the location is convenient and yet secluded. The property was maintained to perfection. The ocean surrounding the property was like being on a cruise ship. I had the master bedroom and I am a business traveler, it was 5 star!!! Paddleboards, kayaks, and bikes were fun!!! Owner was helpful with advise and local information. It was a sad day when we had to leave!!!

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Coletini
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great house and vacation, but slight annoyances”
Reviewed 1 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

I traveled to Key West with about 15 other friends to stay at the Real World House. While the house was amazing (plenty of great rooms, TV's, living space, etc.) I found that the house could have used an upgrade. The carpet and pillows in the living room looked like they hadn't been changed since the actual Real World cast stayed there. The carpet had stains and looked like it could have been easily replaced. Also, kind of sad that the fish tank wasn't functioning. It was empty with just some mardi gras beads and fake fish sitting at the bottom. Because we vacationed in the winter, we were disappointed that both the outdoor pool and outdoor hot tub couldn't be heated at the same time (seemed odd to me). So we had to choose halfway through the trip to heat up the hot tub and take the risk on a cooler -temp pool.

The house was nicely secluded from the craziness of Duval street, so it was nice to have our own private space to relax and vacation. I loved the kayaks, paddle boards and ample chairs & lounge chairs to use.

Also, the only rooms that had functioning "windows" were the ones that had balconies. Every other room did not have windows that could open to let natural air in... a little frustrating when you're dealing with that Florida humidity.

However, the biggest gripe I have about this trip is that the owner and maintenance guy were ALWAYS around. He routinely, on a daily basis, would just walk in the house to check in and never knocked or asked in advance if we would be there. The maintenance guy was fixing things around the pool and doing some construction which I felt could have been done at a more opportune time when guests weren't paying to vacation there. It appears there were no visitors coming in after us, so I feel there could have been a better time to get maintenance done.

While I highly suggest the house for a family vacation or vacation with friends, just be aler that the owner tends to be around a lot more than you'd like or anticipate. It was pretty annoying.

Other than that, he was extremely nice and helpful. Anytime we needed something he was there to assist, but he and the maintenance guy were definitely around way too often.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Rod20
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Great Family Reunion Venue”
Reviewed 14 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

We decided to have a family reunion in Key West this winter and the MTV house turned out to be a great place to have it. The open living room area with large screen TV provided a super place for all 29 members of my family to congregate. Half of the family stayed downtown near Duval St in another property, but our large gatherings were held at the MTV house. The boat dock was great for the party boat we rented and every morning various family members were kayaking or swimming in the canal or in the pools. We really couldn't have been happier with the place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The open space for family members to gather and talk.
Liked least: The openess can lead to noise when folks are in the kitchen early in the morning and one has a hangover!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Boca Raton
Reviewed 25 October 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 25-34
NC
Reviewed 31 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing