“Exceptional Key West experience!!”

Barnyard Grill at Duval Central
Ranked #259 of 471 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Description: Celebrity Chef John Hines brings you upscale Southern food with an International twist. Located next door to the iconic Sloppy Joe's, the Barnyard Grill at Duval Central is bringing downhome favorites in a casual, fun atmosphere. If you enjoyed Chef John's #1 Tripadvisor rated restaurant Turquoise you will find all his local favorites here including his famous beignets!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It is truly a testament to the culinary skills of a talented, passionate chef like John Hines, that keeps you craving his delicious food offerings. I ordered the Ahi Tuna Nachos and the Beignets. Both arrived quickly, garnering ooohs and ahhhs for the beautifully presented plates by the chef himself, a quite colorful, smiling chap. The nachos were fresh and more of a fried wonton, although not greasy, airy, yet strong enough to hold their toppings of chopped sushi-grade fresh Ahi tuna, fresh pickled ginger, seaweed, wasabi sauce, soy glaze-like sauce, and the great surprise- crunchy bursts of slightly spicy wasabi peas! There was a party in my mouth!! The warm, aromatic beignets were subtly beckoning, so I willingly obliged. They were artistically dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauces. Cooked perfectly, they were crunchy on the outside and surprisingly light and airy and moist and doughy, not cakey, on the inside. This stop is an absolute MUST on your Key West Duval Crawl. When a chef creates such incredible food that makes you crave it from the moment you leave his establishment, THAT is success!! I highly recommend experiencing a "party in your mouth" at John Hines' Barnyard Grill at Duval Central.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stumbled across Barnyard Grill while bar hopping on Duval. We were unexpectedly blown away by the flavor and quality of the food. We had...

Beignets - absolutely delicious. Dripping with chocolate and caramel and dunked in powdered sugar. 10 Star!

Fish and Chips - delicious! Fresh and crispy!

Crawfish Etouffee - enjoy spice to wake every taste bud, we came back for a second helping of this, and brought a Cajun friend with us (he raves about it) It is an incredible dish.

Conch Fritters - we’ve had conch fritters at almost every restaurant we’ve visited in the Keys and these are the BEST we’ve had. The closest to these are at Island Fish Company in Marathon. Highly recommend!

Don’t miss this restaurant on your trip to Key West!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I rarely give recommendations, and I am blown away by this place. I was put off due to some old feelings of the Lazy Gecko, but I decided to come and give it a try. Ive been twice, so far I’ve had the Beignets, and I’ve had the Duval Central plate. I now have a serious issue with these heavenly pastries that Chef John Hines has created. He has definitely upped the Beignet game! The dinner plate I had was outstanding, the Crawfish , shrimp, and yellowtail(my favorite fish) was perfectly tender and juicy, and Not overcooked or rubbery. Outside of NOLA , or Louisiana area that is extremely rare . My recommendation, y’all better hurry and enjoy the fact it’s new, and hasn’t become crowded yet. The staff was friendly and eager, and I love trying a new place, as you can tell these folks are finding their “mojo” and it’s a great experience all around. It’s one of my favorites on the island, and I can’t believe it’s on Duval, I want to tell y’all about some secret place , only a local would know, but alas, I can’t. Thanks to the great team at Barnyard/Duval central. “Get the GAhDamn Beignets, do it!!! “

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Chef John Hines is no stranger to serving up delicious meals to locals, snowbirds, and tourists alike. His newest restaurant, Barnyard Grill at Duval Central, features a balance of fine dining, Duval Street cravings and down-home cooking all working together in perfect harmony to ensure that you will never leave hungry or unsatisfied. Pair Chef John's delicious cuisine with the full bar, live music and prime location on Duval Street and you are sure to enjoy every minute spent at the Barnyard Grill.