“Great location, very nice accommodations”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 51 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointing accommodations in a great location”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

This tiny Conch House (approx. 600 sf?) seemed like a perfect place for our family & dogs to stay. But the accommodations were very much sub-par. This is not to say it was all bad - the home had some nice Key West touches but we would never return or recommend this.
First the good: the management company was awesome, easy to work with and very helpful. They made renting very simple. Next, the location was really cool. 1/2 block from Duval, 3 blocks from a small beach, walking distance to everything. It's located close to everything, but not so close that the riff raff comes on your porch.
Now, the not-so-good...We all could not get a good night sleep when we went to bed sober... the beds sagged and provided no support (don't even ask about the sofa bed!), the aC window units were very loud, and we had a bear of a time regulating the temperature. The living room aC could not be adjusted and the back bedroom aC could not make air cold enough.
The kitchen was okay - but no hood vent above the stove to remove the kitchen smells. The floors were a combination of ceramic tiles, clay tiles and wood - which kept the home cool and were easy to clean up dog hair and sand. But some of the tiles were loose and cracked.
The outside was ok - but the vegetation was a bit overgrown making the small space feel even more cramped. We were "lucky" to come on WomenFest weekend where behind us, a party few doors down felt the need to use a pa system during a speed dating session and talk about sexual toys and positions.
Inside, I was shocked at how cheap the landlord was to only provide basic, basic cable. To get your mind off the uncomfortable beds, I like to watch a little SportsCenter - but this cable didn't even have Espn. Really?
The place is clean and charming. I liked the basket of beach towels... nice touch.
I get the sense that this homeowner wants to squeeze every penny out of the place without putting anything into it. What a shame.
10 nights of poor sleeping - skip this 1.

Management Response
25 Sep 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. The owners of this rustic Conch cottage are continually investing in their home to improve the guest experience. New bed mattresses were purchased last year as well as TVs and new floors were just installed throughout. There is a landscaping service to maintain the lush tropical plants every week. We will certainly check into the a/c issues, and want you to know that we appreciate your feedback. We continue to strive for the best for our guests.
Missouri
Reviewed 19 September 2012 for a stay in April 2012

New Orleans
Reviewed 12 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway
A TripAdvisor Member
“Everthing I Dreamed It To Be!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

I must begin with expressing my appreciation and thank you to locating our rental professional Libby Goldstien. She patiently and professionally answered all my tedious questions from the begining of the process to check out. Above all she accurately described the Ginger House so that I could be confident with leasing this charming Key West property.
The Ginger Home was something more than expected. Upon arrival, the attention from either the cleaner or caretaker was immediately impressive. The home was immaculate, the fans were circulating the air and it was welcoming with the perfect Key West touches. It was a pleasure every morning waking up enjoying a cup of coffee out on the porch and smelling the fresh fragrances of the nearby flowers.
The location was outstanding. A simple walk to the quieter side of Duval to either partake in the festivities or just sit and enjoy people watching.
Nothing was too far away and all of this combined made our vacation truly wonderful. Thank you again!

A romantic getaway Older travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great location and nice enough accomodations- no sleep”
Reviewed 25 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

This little house is perfectly situated and was clean and well kept. Through no fault of the owners, a rooster lived right outside the house and crowed all night, most nights. The mattresses were in extremely bad condition and squeeked so badly when you turned over that it would have kept you awake but you were already awake from the roosters. Everything else about this house was great. These beds should be replaced - the rooster, well that's Key West, but it was a terrible problem.

Older travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
25 Jan 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. We happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and can appreciate that living in Old Town Key West means living amongst Key West wildlife. Although we haven't heard from others that the beds are uncomfortable, we will certainly look into it; we appreciate your feedback and look forward to a return visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing