“very good”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“very good”
Reviewed 30 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

our stay was very good.pool was clean. house was well kept. we had a realy good time. one advice is that when you send some one to the house [ fix or clean pool ] let the guest know in advace.

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
MA
Reviewed 6 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Liked best: The backyard
Liked least: The pullout sleeper
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-44
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Richard84...
Beacon, New York
“Things that go bang, bang, bang in the night!!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011
people found this review helpful

We were somewhat surprised to find that the house was situated next door to a contractors yard. This was ok during the weekend as it wasn't in use but was not very pleasant during the weekdays whilst trying to relax in the pool. The rental agent stated that some people enjoyed the fact that it was there; which I find very hard to believe. The house was well appointed, although seating in general and beds were a little tired, the main rug was thread bare although this may be the "shabby chic" look that the owner was going for. The pool area was none the less a little oasis and very enjoyable and the house was very clean. When there was any wind in the area there was an incessant banging from some sort of vent in the attic that kept us awake for two nights out of the seven. Also the locks on the doors have a push button close facility which locked us out of our bathroom on two occations, once when my two year old son went in there. My concern was that although there is a fail safe hole in the front of the lock there isn't the tool to utilise it, so we had to improvise a tool out of a paper clip (we did approach the rental agency about this and they stated that it was the handy mans day off (it was during the week)they didn't have a tool for the lock and they'd try to send the housekeeper over to sort it out, all of which were totally unsatisfactory solutions. We approached the rental agency for some level of compensation for our litany of experiences and recieved a one nights stay refund which I thought fell painfully short. The location in Old town was good and the off street parking was a must.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Young singles Rugged travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed 10 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

The amelia house was a very nice place to stay. Very homey and pleasant. We had a great time and appriciate the stay. I would highly recommend this as a vacation rental to anyone.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
VA
Reviewed 30 December 2010 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: I liked everything about the property.
Liked least: There was absolutely nothing I didn't like.
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing