All reviews salty oyster island kitchen crab beignets fire pit beautiful hotel marina view breakfast and dinner every hour boutique hotel special thanks free shuttle large balcony glass of champagne off the beaten path highly recommend this hotel hotel shuttle short drive
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Stayed at the Perry Hotel, April 24 & 25 2018. Had a great time in key West and their beautiful hotel. Matts restaurant had great food we ate there twice. Got home decided to check my credit card statement. They had charged my account over $550.00 more than it should have been. I called them spoke to a employee, I wanted to know why the bill was almost $1300.00 for 2 nights. He then informed me that it was because I punched a hole in the wall. I told him that was not possible they must have the wrong room, as we did no damage at all to the room. I asked for a supervisor, he sent my call to a hotel manager. I left my voicemail waited over an hour no call back. I then went on The Perrys website and emailed my issue. Of course no reply to that either. I called back the hotel again and asked for the manager. The same employee went to see if she was available. He came back and informed me she was still busy. I told him I needed a call back and asked when she would call. He didn't know if she would call back or not. That's terrible cant even talk to a customer, and they never called me or emailed me that they were going to place a hefty fee on credit card. There is something very wrong going on at the Perry Hotel. I contacted my credit card to dispute the charge. Too bad they ruined our experience at the Perry. Besides that it was a great trip. If you stay there check your bill after you've been home a few days. I can NOT recommend staying there, terrible management cant even return a phone call and explain or look into our billing issue that they caused.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank f4911611
Michael N, Director of Guest Experience at The Perry Hotel Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear F4911611,

I apologize that a member of our management team was not able to get back to you right away last evening when you called regarding the hole in the wall in your guest room and the charges that were placed on your card. We did send a receipt directly through our property management software system when we charged the damage fees. I apologize if it did not reach you. The fee is as high as it is due to the fact that the damage had to be repaired and then painted causing us to not be able to rent that room for the evening. As we discussed on the phone the charges will stand. I understand that you have already disputed these charges with your bank which you are well within your rights to do. You may not have "punched" a hole in the wall but we do know the hole was not there prior to you checking into the room and was reported by housekeeping shortly after you checked out. After completing a guest room lock interrogation, it does show that you and your wife were the last to enter the room prior to housekeeping. Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding these charges.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The decor of this boutique hotel is incredibly chic and tastefully done. Perfect size but nice amenities with the 2 great restaurants surrounding the pool. Easy, short drive into Key West but prefer this location to the insanity of the downtown. It’s also a new hotel so in great shape. Only constructive suggestion for improvement would be to have their staff clean up the pool area after it closes at night as it looks a bit unkempt in the morning before it opens and that is your primary focal point from most rooms. Loved the overall marina/pool views, however, and will definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael N, Director of Guest Experience at The Perry Hotel Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Andyk1212,

The team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at The Perry Hotel and thank you for your 5 star rating. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon for another great stay!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

For the first night here in key west I have to say dinner at Matt’s didn’t disappoint. My fiancé and I were served by RUSTAM and he was pretty awesome. He was patient, kind and attentive. All things good service is made of. We are looking forward to stopping by again before our trip is done. Thank you RUSTAM, eat at Matt’s, you’ll enjoy it!

Dear NRodgersinAZ,

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We loved this hotel - so classy looking, gorgeous views, comfortable accommodations, amazing restaurant, exceptionally helpful staff, right on the marina on Stock Island. The concierge got us started with some great advice and help with tickets, tours & reservations. The staff was always there, whether it was helping me print my boarding passes, or getting me bottles of spring water for the road and the room. Meru, a hostess for their restaurant, Matt's Stock Island kitchen, was so super kind and helpful, whether it be with room service or in-house dining. They had a free shuttle hourly, to & from Old Town Key West. There was only one real con of note, and that was that our shower leaked quite a bit. If they fix that issue, the stay would be perfection. We would most definitely return.

Dear A,

The team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at The Perry Hotel and thank you for your 5 star rating. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to your Key West home away from home soon for another great stay!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We stay in this hotel last weekend,we are italian and american couple,we travel a lot and especially to key west to take a break from miami...this time we choose the perry hotel (terrible mistake ) 2 nights 700 $ that's fine for the price of key west hotel,but at least give a bit of service...they set that the pool was heated that's not true the water was cold,i toke a pics of the room...full of dust on the desk,dirty window on the balcony with hands marks...damage furniture like the table,we had a chair in the room made by cotton full of marks,the bathroom its terrible when you get a shower the water spread in all the bathroom...cheap furniture,now lets talk about the cleaning lady ( if i remember well she was with a kind of light hair around 50 years old) she scream to me 2 times saying to close the door gently ( guys your door are just fix in the way to make noise when you close it,invest 18 dollars on each door and this noise will be fix it its not my fault ) that's very unprofessional some cleaning lady screaming to a customer ( i got a 5 years degree in tourism hotel restaurant management in italy and belive this is unreal for me ) after we find out that we get charge 300 dollar because we smoke on the balcony ( not even a sing its showing that its a smoke free hotel outdoor !!! ) on sunday morning the receptionist set that they got a picture of us smoking on the balcony are you serious do you spy your customers???? That's unbelievable...you guys don't really know how to treat customers especially locol people like us living in miami,we will never be back,when we left the receptionist didn't even say thank you for coming...very unprofessional...if you are planning to go to key west and you wanna have a wonderful trip choose the southern house hotel,avoid this perry hotel its just gonna get you frustrated.

6  Thank danielmiamibeach
Michael N, Director of Guest Experience at The Perry Hotel Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Daniel,

Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We maintain our pool at 83 degrees Fahrenheit, which most guest find enjoyable. However, we will share your feedback with our engineering team. I am also concerned with the interaction you stated you had with the room attendant and will follow up with housekeeping accordingly. We strive to make sure or smoking policy is as transparent as possible to avoid any confusion with our guest. We have this posted on Expedia where it appears you booked your guest room, in our guest compendium where we mention the $300 charge for smoking in the guest room or on the balcony, and also a small sign on the guest room desk. The damage fee was assessed due to the overwhelming odor in the guest room and additional cleaning that was needed to remove the sticky residue on the balcony and on the guest room flooring from what seemed to be spilled beverages, not just for smoking on your guest room balcony. Regarding the photos, no, we do not have photos of you nor would we ever photograph a guest with out their permission. The photos are of the cigarette butts littering your balcony, spilled beverages and limes all over the balcony, as well as your hookah and other smoking paraphernalia. One of the reasons we take smoking and smoking litter so seriously is that we are located directly on the marina and the cigarette butts, more of then that not can easily end up in the water polluting the delicate marine ecosystem and not to mention the negative impacts it has on your neighboring guests experience. As you can see we have an excellent service and cleanliness rating on here on TripAdvisor but I again apologize if that was not the experience you had. Please feel free to reach out to me should you wish to discuss your experience further.