Reviews (1 164)
1 165 results
All reviewslocated on stock islandbeautiful resortyellowfinoverlooking the marinanaval baseking suitewater activitiesminute driveshuttle serviceresort feehotel restaurantduval streetjet skifree shuttleoff the beaten paththird floorliving room
139 - 144 of 1 165 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Let's begin with the hidden costs, the Hotel is pet friendly however they do not tell you upfront that the will be a charge of $70 per day to bring your pet. Not a nice surprise when you arrive. The parking is also not free and it is not disclosed upfront, the $20 per day fee is charged at checkout. The staff is very lay back and not knowledgeable, we wanted to rent a boat, the person handling the watersports did not know the costs and could not accept payment, he gave me a business card to call. The restaurant is also another irritating experience, the staff again very inattentive and have an attitude which it is not exactly resort quality. Rooms are nice and airy, We stayed at a one bedroom suite, which was very comfortable and well decorated. The shuttle to Duval Street stops at 9:25pm that is the last return, for a place that is known for it's late night it is not very attractive to their guests. As a summary, nice rooms, not so nice staff, bad location, and hidden costs that as a guest no one likes the unpleasant surprises.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool and high floor if possible
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank 250raffaelem
bbirtles, Manager at Oceans Edge Key West Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear 250taffaelem,

I regret that our Resort did not meet your expectations and am sorry that you felt our property fees are not clear. Fees are listed on all booking methods but I understand that they may not always be as obvious when booking with third party sites such as Booking.com and Expedia. Unfortunately, the hotel only controls what information needs to be listed by the third party but we have no control over where or how the third party lists this information.

I understand from your feedback that our concierge and restaurant did not fulfill your expectations. I am however happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our spacious rooms and décor. We view our location as a positive, as do guests looking to enjoy a relaxing stay that is away from the commotion of Duval.

It is our hope that you will allow us the opportunity to improve your next experience here in Key West and consider a future stay with us. If so, please reach out to me at gm@oceansedgekeywest.com. Thank you for your thorough review as it helps us to improve the Oceans Edge experience for future guests. Please be assured we will address your concerns.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I stayed for husband's birthday. They went beyond my expectations specially Anibal from Front Desk, he was so helpful and nice. I got a suite and It was beautiful. The food delicious. The employees in charge of the water activities at the hotel were so nice, we went on a jet ski tour twice and it was fun, we also rented a golf car to go around it was super easy to go around with it instead of the car or lyft. I really recommend this place and I would totally come back.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is a must. The view is spectacular
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AriannaLlerandi

Dear AriannaLlerandi,

Thank you for taking a moment to highlight some of the best aspects of your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you and your husband had an excellent time celebrating his birthday here at Oceans Edge Key West! It’s great to know you enjoyed your gorgeous suite and the abundance of fun amenities we have available throughout the resort. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Oceans Edge last August 2017 and we are going back this August 2018. The resort was newly opened last year when we went and we were impressed with the cleanliness of the entire resort. Staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the resort is located on a beautiful marina but the hotel and the marina did not communicate. We intended to bring our boat with us but we were unable to work out the details. There was no incentive for boaters who want to incorporate the marina into the stay. I was able to book the marina separately from the hotel this year but no discount for combining the two. We love the resort. If they work out the communication issues with the marina and make it more convenient I would give 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2017
bbirtles, Manager at Oceans Edge Key West Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear seasick36122028,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you valued about your stay, and what you would have changed about it. We appreciate your suggestions. Overall, though, it’s great to hear you’ve had enjoyable stays each of the times you’ve visited our resort! We hope to see you back next year!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I seriously cannot say enough good things about this hotel!! My husband and I checked in late, and there was a miscommunication between oceans edge and travelocity and they didn’t have a room for us that evening. They bought us drinks at the bar while they waited for travelocity to find us somewhere to stay. We started talking to the restaurant manager, Denise, and she was on the phone right away with another hotel which was right down the street! She even drove us to the other hotel!! Talk about above and beyond! Denise called me the next day to let us know that they found a room for the rest of our stay in Key West and they moved people around so we could be upgraded! When we arrived back at oceans edge Denise and the front desk manager, Angel, greeted us personally and told us that our room was being cleaned right away and we could enjoy lunch on them and that they would provide us with a complimentary sunset cruise!!! We had explained to Denise the night before that we were in Key West to celebrate our 1 year anniversary/“honeymoon” and she bent over backwards to make it special for us. We were so blown away by their hospitality and we cannot thank them enough. Our room was gorgeous with beautiful views of the marina, the beds were comfy and everything was clean. The restaurant was a bit pricey but delicious, I highly recommend the crab cake Benedict. The pools were nice and there are 6 of them, so if one is too crowded you can just go to another one. The amenities of this hotel are top notch and we took advantage of the shuttle downtown and complimentary kayaking. We had planned to stay in Key West for 3 nights before going to Fort Lauderdale, but instead we decided to stay another night at Oceans Edge. I could go on forever about how great this resort is and how happy we were with our stay. Thank you so much for making our stay in Key West a trip to remember!! We will be back!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristia B

Dear Kristia B,

We are delighted to hear Angel and the rest of our staff succeeded in creating a truly amazing stay for you and your husband. We enjoy getting opportunities to create truly unforgettable experiences for guests of ours who chose to stay at our resort in celebration of a special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to providing you with more incredible experiences for years to come.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough great things about this resort. Every aspect was 5 star in my opinion!! The view was breathtaking, the rooms were exceptional and the accommodations and amenities were top notch! Highly recommend!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bridgette H

Dear Bridgette H,

Thank you kindly for sharing these comments with us and other review readers. We are happy to hear your entire experience exceeded expectations in every way! Your recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future!