Book In Advance
Tours from Up The Keys tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Up The Keys
from US$84,93
from US$155,88
from US$155,88
More Info
All reviews blue hole key deer half day tour dolphin research center big pine key great tour knowledgeable guide turtle hospital sugarloaf key natural beauty wealth of knowledge seven mile bridge beautiful beach visiting key west van alligators tower
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Let me just start by saying that this Up The Keys trip is not normally something I would go for, but I am sure glad that I went! Our guide, Kim Stamps, picked us up at our motel and even though the only other people who were to take the tour had rescheduled last minute, she still took just me and my mom on the tour. Kim was amazing! She was very knowledgeable about the history of the keys we were traveling over and she even took us on short side detours to show us cool neighborhoods! Our first stop was the Bahia Honda State Park where we were able to walk out onto part of the old Bahia Honda bridge. When we arrived at the Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters Kim made sure to get us signed up for any encounters we wanted to do and showed us around. We had a very nice picnic at a cute little state park and then headed for the Key Deer Refuge. Kim drove us around the refuge all over to make sure that we could see lots of Key Deer! Our last stop was the Blue Hole where Kim told us all about how it appeared there and how the recent hurricane had changed the ecosystem. Kim was very personable and just very fun to be around. I would HIGHLY recommend taking this trip Up The Keys to be able to explore more of the Florida Keys!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 2 days ago

Wonderful tour with a knowledgeable and engaging tour guide. Kim not only knows her stuff, she's a delight to spend a few hours touring Key West with. First class experience. Next time we'll do the full day.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 1 week ago

In Dec 2017, we joined Kim on a trip to help clean up from the storm. We had an amazing day and I am embarrassed to find that I never took the time to write a review. We are back now and the first thing we did was book another tour with Up the Keys - this time we will do an all-day tour. And i will write a timely review this time . . .

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I spend a week in Key West for Thanksgiving 2018. We didn't have a car but wanted to see more of the natural beauty of the Keys. Kim Stamps of Up the Keys tours made our dreams come true! The first tour was a half day nature exploration- she knew all the secret back roads to safely see the endangered Key Deer. We loved seeing the Blue Hole alligators and our visit to Bahia Honda State Park was both beautiful and educational. We had so much fun with Kim that we booked a Thanksgiving day trip to Marathon to scuba with the tropical fishes and feed the sharks at Florida Keys Aquarium Encounter. This is a wonderful interactive (touching in small pools, feeding, snorkel or scuba) experience with Florida native aquatic creatures in a beautiful natural setting. We were skeptical this would be some touristy roadside attraction- but Kim was right- it was very professional and the staff took good care of my anxious hubby. Kim is very flexible and even changed her Thanksgiving plans to get us to the aquarium. We cant recommend her enough- personable, professional and attentive to our needs and schedules. And remind her to start off your day with a stop at Baby's Coffee, you wont regret it!

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Curious49640352851
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While vacationing in Key West, we were looking for a way to see some of the other keys without having to rent a car. "Up the Keys" half day tour work perfectly for us. Kim was extremely knowledgeable and was very enthusiastic about sharing her knowledge. She uses a (hands free) microphone while in the van so that everyone can hear her. The stops that we made were beautiful and interesting, and Kim continued to share her knowledge during those stops. And the fact that we saw key deer, an alligator, turtles, and lots of birds was a bonus. I would recommend "Up the Keys" to anyone visiting Key West who wants to see more of and learn more about the keys without the hassle of renting a car.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I did the afternoon tour of the Keys which went up to the Bahia Bridge, and then took in some Key Deer spots. We didn't get to see any Alligators but that wasn't really a big deal - we saw a bit a billion more in the next week we were in Florida. Kim is lovely and had some great tips on places to eat which saved us a fortune when we were in Key West.

Date of experience: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
UpTheKeys, Owner at Up The Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you for your time to write a review. Sometimes the alligators and other wildlife do elude us. but we're glad you were able to see a lot of gators elsewhere in Florida. We're also happy to hear your tour guide was able to provide good local knowledge to save you some money as well as a nice afternoon tour.

Happy Travels,