Review Highlights
Best Captain and Host in Upper Keys!

Reviewed 1 August 2020

Reviewed 3 July 2020
MikeS787
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
via mobile

All reviews captain kerry trout caught fish great company eco tour jacks snook everglades hook species keys
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2020 via mobile

What an incredible day on the water!! Not only did Captain Kerry make sure we had a great day fishing, he also shared his extensive knowledge of the area. We felt like we got an eco tour as a bonus!

This was our second time going out for the day with Kerry and once again, it exceeded our expectations! He is patient and works with you at your own pace. He sensed right away how much support each of us needed. My husband was more experienced than I and we both had a great time. Kerry works extremely hard all day to make your trip enjoyable. I never baited a hook or took a fish off, but I caught plenty!

We achieved what Kerry said was the Back Country Slam. He knew just wear to go to make sure we caught Redfish, Snook at Trout!

We walked away with a fabulous experience on the water and built a friendship! We will definitely come back and would not even think of using anyone else!

I highly recommend Tails Up!

Date of experience: July 2020
captkerry2002, Owner at Tails Up Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Thank you so much for going. I'm looking forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 3 July 2020 via mobile

My two sons, 18&21, and I had an awesome time fishing with Captain Kerry! He knew all the best spots and had us on fish the entire day. He was great company, has incredible knowledge and experience and is more than patient when you keep casting into the trees! Lol! We caught Snook, Jacks, Tripletail, a lemon shark, Redfish (son fulfilled his dream of catching reds finally), and a few other things too! Great day on the water and we hope to be back again sometime!

Date of experience: June 2020
1  Thank MikeS787

Thank you so much for going. I'm looking forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 8 January 2020

Captain Kerry picked me up at the Marriott Hotel boat basin (where I was staying) and took me out to Snake Bight Channel off Flamingo in the Everglades national park. We got into fish right away. I never fished the Backwater before and he was excellent on teaching me how to work the pattern. I caught 30-40 fish in a couple of hours. I caught and released 7 species including many Snook, Red Fish, Sea Trout,Jackfish, Blackdrum, Ladyfish and Catfish.
It was an experience beyond my wildest expectations
I highly recommend Tailsup Charters to every fisherman who wants to fish the Keys.

Date of experience: January 2020
captkerry2002, Owner at Tails Up Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2020

Thank you Ed. It was a pleasure to share my office with you.

Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

My husband and I have been on a 10 day road trip from DC to the Keys. We have traveled by the seats of our pants, planning nothing ahead along the way. After much rain and disappointment on the peninsula, we arrived in Key Largo to find sun. What goes better with sun than the water. We wanted to fish. We came to Trip Advisor and found Tails Up Fishing Charters. My husband made contact with Captain Kerry and our plans began to take shape. Immediately, Captain Kerry ascertained our interest, experience and expectations. We booked our full day of fishing in the Everglades for Saturday. We met Captain Kerry at the marina at 8 on the dot and we were ready to roll. We went out immediately and after a short drive across the water, we started fishing. We were into the fish almost at first line drop. My husband is an experienced fisherman, while I am a newcomer. Captain Kerry was able to keep his eye on both of us and ensure that both of our needs were being met. Captain Kerry is a knowledgeable fisherman and can find his way around the keys. He kept his eye on the weather radar and kept us all dry and safe. It was a terrific day and we are already plannin our next trip to fish with Captain Kerry.

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words. It WAS a terrific day! I hope y'all can come back soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2019

We were in Key Largo and I wanted an additional day of fishing beyond what I'd scheduled in advance for the holiday week. Captain Kerry gave up his Thanksgiving and gave me a wonderful day. I caught my best snook and best jack crevalle and we were on fish the full trip. I caught a fish with nearly every cast. I wish I'd had my grandson along for a trip like this. A very nice man and very prepared for my wife's (who does not fish) comfort. And he was not in no way impatient to finish the trip, giving me an extra ten minutes to catch just one more fish that turned into nearly an extra hour. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: November 2019

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Hopefully you can bring your grandson with you when you return.