Review of Ocean Pointe 3310

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Alexander...
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Good location but poorly maintained”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I've stayed in multiple buildings at Ocean Pointe and I prefer this one over #5 (the one by the marina) - it's quieter and a lot more private. The balcony is not only serene, but entirely private at night. The place is roomy (too big for two, in fact), the kitchen is reasonably equipped and the A/C works. The blue walls seemed quite obnoxious at first but you get used to it.

That said, here are the issues with the place:

The fridge was leaking from the ice maker hookup (about every 20 minutes), creating a flood and mildew, probably for months. I shut off water and disabled the ice maker.

The electric stove is so old that it has a mechanical timer. The fridge is so old that the side is rusted (yes, that's not dirt, that's rust).

The water pressure is pathetic. This may be a building-wide issue.

The DVD player is secured so well that it makes you wonder, especially considering that it's so old that it has no HDMI output. This is also part of the issue - the only way to hook it up to the fairly modern LCD TV is via component cables (3xRCA + 2xRCA, it has no composite input), however only the 3xRCA is present (and was hooked up wrong, probably from prior failed attempts by less knowledgeable guests). In desperation I wound up using my laptop as external speakers. Incidentally, the place has about 5 remote controls, most of which do not match any existing appliances.

The blender is cracked. The towel holder is coming out of the wall, the blinds were a mess (half of them don't open).

When I was checking out, Freewheeler didn't ask me anything about my stay - which is probably why all these things remain unmaintained.

In the end, however, these are all technicalities which can be overlooked. For the price, I feel that I overpaid quite a bit, but it was last minute (and it's no surprise that this place was still available when everything else was booked).

I'd stay at Ocean Pointe again, but probably not at this apartment.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
27 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate knowing the little things wrong with this particular condo. Because of your review, a new refrigerator has been ordered and will be installed on Friday May 30th. We were un aware of the ice maker leaking. Thank you! As for the other issues, we will be working on those too as soon as the current guest leaves. The towel holder has been fixed, new blender purchased, and the stove, it's not new but works beautifully. Water pressure in the Keys is notoriously low. This is not a problem of this particular condo. We send out Flip Key Review Requests to all of our guests in hopes of constructive criticism to insure that our rental properties bring many happy vacation memories! Hope to see you again in the future.
GA
Reviewed 21 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing