All reviews living room rented unit washer and dryer master bath security gate fully equipped kitchen self catering second bedroom hot tub large pool flat screen dvd player ocean front fitness center key west townhouse grotto
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Lovely vacation in the Keys. Resort perfectly located near all attractions. Lovely home like atmosphere. Two pools On Premises and boating docks for families who wish. While there are no restaurant facilities on premises, food and restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 18 June 2018

You can't beat the location. We also loved the space of having a 3/3 townhouse for our family. The grounds and pools are well kept and an enjoyable way to spend and afternoon. Overall the unit was well kept and clean. However, there were a few disappointments that the management company were not that interested or unable to assist with. We had very splotchy cable reception. They use comcast there, and some moments we got a good connection and other times we received no channels. The lady we discussed this issue via phone (there is no front desk or staff to talk to in person) stated that it was the 1st time she heard about it in our unit, but they have been having issues since Hurricane Irma. She stated there was nothing they can do and even if they put in a work order it was unlikely anyone would come during our time there. Also, the password listed for our WIFI was incorrect. We called the front desk and they gave us another password that worked. But on day 3 it started saying that the password was incorrect. The front desk assured us that the password had not changed and suggested we reboot our modem which we tried several times, but we could never login to the WIFI again after that and the front desk was not to concerned with this issue either. Overall our unit was clean, however upon our arrival we found the remnants of some marijuana on the dining room table and the bar top area was sticky. Of course these initial findings made me a little nervous about the quality of cleaning that went in between unit turnovers, but I found no other major issues. In short, I would stay there again. All of the units there are privately owned and some are rented out through various rental agencies and RCI so I suspect it's the luck of the draw on what unit you get to how satisfied you will be with the overall condition and ammenities.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 11 June 2018

The Mariner offers a secure place with nice amenities, and lots to do in the area. The units are privately owned, so some may have different decor and stocked with various additions of convenience. The beds and furnishings were all very comfortable, and everything was clean and new. The marina, pool, and hot tub areas, were great. Like many places, there is still evidence of hurricane damage, but there was minimal inconvenience. There is no beach access, if that's what you are looking for. Restaurants and activities in the area are numerous and high quality.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We stayed for 4 nights in one of the 3 story town homes, 710. I must say this town home is very well appointed and very well kept. We did not need any service while we were there but they do offer additional service like housekeeping and towel refresh for additional fees. There was a washer and dryer so there really was no need for any services like that. They also offered grocery shopping and delivery, which we didn't do this time, but next time we will because the grocery store was a mad house and we felt like we lost half the day doing our own grocery shopping, even for just a few items. We chose the town home as the price fit our budget better than some of the places that had ocean views. We called in and booked directly with keyscaribbean because some of the reviews didn't look so good. Our agent, Susie, explained that of the thousands of people that visit this location each year, the ones who like to leave review are the ones who had a bad experience with something which may or may not even be true as some customers believe by complaining they will automatically get money back and other people that stay just don't take the time to leave a review for things they enjoy. This is my first review I have done and I am doing it just for that reason. I think keyscaribbean did a great job of making sure I was getting what I booked for a good price and making sure all was in order before I arrived. I was very pleased with the service from the time I booked to the time I departed.

Room Tip: call in and talk to a live person
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Villa 533, owned by Betty & Family, and it did not disappoint! The villa was equipped with everything we could possibly need for our stay (pots, pans, linens, shampoo, etc.) Our reservations, check in instructions were simple to follow, and if I ever had any questions, there was always someone available via phone to assist. The view from this villa was incredible- huge glass sliders in living room/master bedroom, ocean view, pool view- beautiful! The grounds at the resort are well kept with friendly staff. Do NOT hesitate to book a unit here!!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family