Reviews (1 058)
1 058 results
All reviews small hotel within walking distance room was clean covered parking night life fishing pier ocean view waffles bars and restaurants great place to stay continental breakfast perfect location small pool the breakfast area staff was very friendly great room mayo clinic
434 - 439 of 1 058 reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Just got back from a wonderful 3 day mini vacation. This hotel and staff was one of the best experiences I have ever had and I have traveled a lot. The view was breath taking. We will be staying there again. A special thank you to Moriah for helping us and being extremely awesome.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We were hoping to find an overnight sanctuary while visiting the Mayo Clinic for a reasonable price. Very disappointed in the room and the balcony area Its Dated and disappointing. The maid was very nice. The pool was a joke..

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We live in South Georgia and just wanted a weekend at the beach. We chose this hotel because I get an employee discount. The ladies at the front desk when we check in were very nice. Breakfast was very good as well. The rooms were spacious but the bathroom was extremely weird. There isn't a real door, it just looks like a closet. The beds were very comfy though. If it wasn't for my employee discount wed probably stay somewhere else next time though.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016

My wife and I along with our two young daughters stayed at this hotel for one night on August 9, 2016 in room 306. We paid the pre-tax/fees rate of $126.00. The hotel stay was very good, but not exceptional.

The room is ideally located right on the beach, which I liked a lot. I paid a little extra for being so close to the beach as opposed to a nicer hotel further away. The hotel is on the small side, but makes very efficient use of its space. Check-in was simple and the hotel was relatively clean. The lobby looked updated and remodeled. The room was of average size, but definitely showed signs of age. The rug looked like it could be replaced, but the beds looked really nice and were very comfortable. The bright white comforters looked very new and felt very smooth. The pillows were great. I was not impressed with the bathroom. First, there are wooden double doors to the bathroom with no lock. I found that odd and not safe for young children. The bathroom was on the small side with low ceilings and showed more signs of age than the room itself. I liked all the different channels from Direct TV. There were 5 channels devoted to the Olympics alone. The room had a refrigerator and microwave that came in handy. The AC worked well. I didn't spend extra for a balcony room.

The free breakfast buffet was pretty good. The space is very small, but they've made very efficient use of that space. It was never too crowded when I was there and I was able to find seating for our family. They had cereals, yogurts, bacon, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, fruits, bagels, doughnuts, and some other items. One little perk I especially liked is that they kept the orange juice and apple juice freely available 24/7. Most places shut that off after breakfast. They also had some freshly baked cookies in the evening.

The location of the hotel is great, right on the beach. They have a small pool just outside the lobby which our kids enjoyed. There are numerous restaurants and stores within walking distance. The young white woman with a tattoo on her right forearm (did not catch her name) was very helpful when we ordered Chinese take out since we were unfamiliar with the city. There was enough parking even though the hotel was fully booked. There was a free internet station in the lobby area, which I used a lot.

One thing I did not like at all, and I hope management makes some changes in regards to, is check-out time, which is 11:00 am! That's ridiculous! Most hotels I stay at these days have a more reasonable check-out time of 12:00 pm. We were very rushed the morning we left.

Overall, the room was pretty good and I was happy with my stay.

Marc T. Hardekopf

Room Tip: When you come back from the beach all sandy, use the shower by the pool, not the one by the boardwalk.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2016

This place is great! After checking all reviews I felt this was our best choice. It was PERFECT. I loved the smaller hotel (only 2 floors) and from the moment we checked-in everything was perfect. Parking was so easy, you park under the hotel (GREAT). With two teenage girls I wanted SAFE. Again, this was the perfect place. We choose an ocean view with a balcony, it was nice but, really to hot to enjoy sitting out for very long. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. The price was $$$ a little pricey for a Best Western but, they made up for it with great beds, good plush towels, and location, location, location. We did not make the continental breakfast but, hear several people say it was excellent.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, even with everything going on, our room was quite.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family