All reviews fire pit across the street ocean view omelet station pool area starbucks coffee oceanfront room chairs and umbrellas breakfast buffet metro diner staff was friendly front desk staff hot tub an umbrella higher floor nice property nice pool
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Booked this short getaway through GolfPac travel. The hotel accommodations were perfect. Everything we needed from towels to beach furniture to umbrellas was available on site. Staff went out of their way to accommodate your needs. Tiki bar made poolside and beach so much more enjoyable...Kim the barkeep was a great ambassador of the property. Hotel has the feel of a resort, ocean front room is the way to go here...spectacular sunrise every morning, great buffet breakfast has every you need or want including an omelet station...plenty of golf nearby...restaurants and nightlife within blocks...so much more than a regular Courtyard.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Vinniecr,

Thank you for allowing my team and I to provide you with some "R & R" here with us at The Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront. We take great pride in making sure that we do everything in our power to ensure our guests have the most fantastic stay from check in to check out. I am very pleased to hear about how great your stay was and how you were able to meet our wonderful associate Kim who will be very happy when I share this comment with her. Of course I will share this feedback with the rest of the team as well and we look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Jacksonville Beach Area. Thank you again and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 15 May 2016

This is my second time staying at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating . The hotel is located on the beach which is perfect. The room was very small but everything has been updated . The cons are not enough towels ,limited toiletries , and no safe for your valuables. That usually is standard .

Room tip: Try and book an ocean view . Other areas overlook parking lot . The rooms with double beds are on the small side
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear sunandsurf57,

I am happy to hear we have you as a returning guest! We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and accommodating service. Please let us know then next time you plan to stay and we will ensure that you have extra towels and toiletries for your arrival. We also offer safes at the front desk that are complimentary for your entire stay, just as one of our front desk associates for assistance! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We spent two nights here, and thought the location was very nice. The views from the pool and restaurant were gorgeous. We booked the no view room and were hoping to get a slight upgrade to a garden view with our Marriott reward membership. We did not receive any upgrade. The first room that we received was right next to the elevator and did not have a view or even a balcony. We stayed here for about 2hrs and we couldn't take the really loud squealing elevator. It was so loud in our room. We didn't realize that it was the elevator at first and called the front desk. She stated that they would send someone to our room to fix it right away. When we realized it was the elevator, we asked to moved far away from the elevator. Guest services was very nice and moved us to a room further away from the elevator. We could still hear the elevator, but it was much less of a noise. I would bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. The room was very clean, the air conditioning worked well, and we loved the complementary Starbucks coffee in the room. The bed was also very comfortable. It was an expensive room though, for a view of the parking lot. I probably would consider a different hotel in the future. The elevator was still not fixed when we departed on day 3.

Room tip: a room with a view and away from the elevator
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Dear Patty732,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay with us. We strive to make sure that we learn from our guests feedback to see where we are succeeding and where we can improve. I can understand the frustration when trying to get rest and relaxation, but the elevator squealing noise prevents that from happening. Our company has been contacted and in this case the part had to be ordered to fix the issue. Thank you for also taking the time to recognize our guest service and cleanliness as I will share this feedback as well with our staff. We do try and accommodate upgrades when we can and I am sorry during your time we were not able to due to occupancy. I would love the opportunity to showcase to you our property in the future, so I hope you reconsider staying with us in the future. You can contact me when you make your future reservation so I can make sure we get you in a room that fits your needs perfectly. Thank you again and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Beautiful pool deck, hot tub, FIRE PIT and just feet from the ocean!

I am a frequent traveler and a costumer service rep myself. Before I even checked in to my room my expectations were set, I called the morning of my check in just to confirm my booking and I had the distinct pleasure of speaking with the General Manager, Mickey Melendez. Not only did we confirm my reservation but he asked why I was traveling and how he could make sure my stay was perfect. When I told him I was coming with my girlfriend and that we would be arriving late, he was very excited to have us and let me know that he would be securing a pool side and beach view room for us! He also pre checked us in and had a parking pass made up for us so our check-in was simple. Rob at the front desk was very cheerful and ready to help, we even got to the lobby bar as they were closing but Zach noticed our disappointment and graciously offered to make us a drink to go. Thanks Zach!

The pool deck is spectacular and my girlfriend loved the fire pit, we sat next to it all night to stay warm and enjoy the cool weather. Having a bar at the pool really completes it, not having to step away from the pool or beach for food or drink gives this hotel a very "high end" feel.

Over all our time here was fun, uninterrupted and exactly what we needed on a weekend away. We can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear 7jordanrr,

My staff and I are very excited that we were able to provide you and your girlfriend with a "Great Stay" here with us at The Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront. It is always very beneficial for us to be able to speak to our guests prior to arrival as it gives us an even better opportunity to surpass our guests expectations, and I am very happy we were able to do this with your stay. I can assure you that I share your feedback with Rob and Zach, as they will be very pleased to know that they are being recognized by the guests. We believe to be the premier property on Jacksonville Beach and we truly hope we the chance to showcase this to you again in the future. Thank you very much for your time and feedback and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed the weekend for a wedding. We enjoyed the location. Just a few blocks from the nightlife and restaurants. Great views of the beach. We enjoyed a quick breakfast by the Starbucks bar every morning (free refills all day : )).
Great little pool area. We loved Kim's entertainment and drinks from the pool Bar. Great live music by Chuck poolside- cool guy!! The staff was very pleasant all around.
We missed the fire pit every night by the lobby and utilizing the rentals next to the property. Well, something to try next time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear Charlie D,

It is great to be able to share the wonderful feedback you left about your recent stay with us here at The Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront. I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy the live music provided by Chuck out on our pool deck and with Kim's help at the Tiki Bar, what else could be better! We truly hope that when you return to the Jacksonville Beach area you will stay with us again and this time be able to enjoy the fire pit and rentals for the beach. Thank you for taking the time for this feedback and we look forward hosting you again. Have a fantastic day!