“Accommodating to Food Allergies”
Review of Playa

Playa
Ranked #126 of 697 Restaurants in Hollywood
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Description: Playa is a poolside, beachfront Nuevo Latino concept, featuring food designed by chefs Sue Torres and Darren Carbone. Along with an extensive bar highlighting Rum and Tequila specialties, Playa redefines the resort's outdoor experience through perfectly executed tacos on house-made tortillas, an array of fresh salsas and guacamoles, and only fresh juice-based cocktails. Playa is open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Playa's kitchen is open everyday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm and the bar from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We ate here twice during our stay at the Diplomat Beach Resort. Our 2 year old has severe food allergies, so we were very nervous about this, but the restaurant was extremely accommodating and helpful and took his allergies very seriously. The manager personally came to speak with us and go over every food item. He even knew which items had a "may contain" or a "made in a facility with" label. The next day he remembered us and ensured we were taken care of again. We were very impressed.

1  Thank SizzlingSkies

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had another great time with Jorge, Marcela, Roxana made me that wonderful dream maker. Irving and Christian also took great care of me. I wish I had tried those wings on my first trip. They are absolutely delicious . Wonderful place to spend an afternoon.. I can't wait to go back .

1  Thank paulman1964
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I sat at the bar and ordered a chicken sandwich and a pina colada. My pina colada was $18, and the entire lunch for one person was just under $50. The food was good and so was the service. Just expensive.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Marcela, Jorge and Roxana were awesome. The food was great and the drinks were great. Can't beat the view.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We spent every day at the pool and ordered food and drinks from Playa. Our server Danny was amazing and took care of us every day. He was very hospitable and gave great service. Drinks were so yummy especially the Collins and I loved the Cuban sandwich! Danny works his butt off and it shows. We will definitely be coming back to visit the Diplomat and Danny again!