“Casual dining for the sports enthusiast”

Upper Deck Ale & Sports Grille
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed a first visit to this combination indoor and outdoor location on busy Hallendale Beach boulevard. Right next to entrance to Gulfstream Park so if you are going to the races, this is a must stop afterwards. We sat outside at a high top for a first drink at happy hour prices, then dug into the menu.
Has a sweet server who was attentive and gave us menu suggestions, and paced the meal perfectly. Ordered parmesan grilled oysters which were tasty but overpriced as were the in-season stone crabs. The better appetizer was the greek shrimp which was excellent.
We opted for non-meat items such as a grilled mahi sandwich and a margarita pizza which featured too many tomatoes for our taste but was well executed. Think of the menu as "higher end" sports bar food. Everything was prepared right and tasted great.
This is a perfect place to watch any kind of sport you can think of while knocking back some cold beer. But outside diners should be cautioned that they allow smoking so if you want to avoid those guests, a better bet is a table inside.
Would definitely return.

H K, Manager at Upper Deck Ale & Sports Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the review. We are known to be the most inexpensive place in town for stone crabs. This year was the worst year for stone crabs. The hurricanes really messed up the market. We used to sell stone crabs for $2.99 a piece a year ago. Even at $4.25 a piece, they are at a great price considering how the market is.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and two kids decided to see the game of loyola vs Michigan game out. We choosed upper deck and the Food and service was excellent.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just had a horrible meal here. I ordered a rare hamburger with sautéed onions and mushrooms. First I got a plain hamburger and sent it back. The burger that came back was overcooked and went back again. On the third try it was basically raw. The owner/manager Harry was nasty and accused me of not knowing what a rare hamburger should look like. Hello? I've been eating rare hamburgers for decades at this point in my life!!! Plus, what happened to the old adage the customer is always right? Not here. He would rather tell me I am wrong. He thought he was doing me a favor by not charging me. Well, the meat was so raw I was afraid of bacteria and returned it uneaten. I told him we would never returned again. He acted like he could care less. No wonder the place was empty while Flanagan's down the road was packed with a huge amount of people waiting for tables. The service was horrible. Three different people brought us stuff and got most of the orders wrong. And the place was empty! Imagine the chaos if they had at least several tables full. Be forewarned. If I could give it zero stars I would.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner they do have Happy Hour but it’s from 3-6pm but I would ask or call I think they change the hours. The food was very good. But our Server was Fantastic I wish I remembered she was so pleasant and smiling to everyone not only our table my parents can’t wait to go back & hope we get her again. :)

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Great service. Greek salad was delicious. Offered complimentary cinnamon rolls. Looked delicious. We didn't eat them as we are gluten-free but they smelled wonderful.