“Without reservation, the home was perfect in all...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Shared Bathroom
Shared Bathroom
Retractable awning
The Pool
Golf course behind the villa
View of villa from golf course
Second fairway behind villa
Southern Dunes Clubhouse
Exercise Room
Pool at Community Centre
Entrance to Southern Dunes with 24 hour security
Playground
Lake Joe
Tennis - we have rackets for your use
Villa floor plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BigBlue52
Ottawa Ontario
“Without reservation, the home was perfect in all aspects for us.”
Reviewed 26 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

In regards to the home, let me say first, I have never gone this route before, I always have booked hotels or resorts. As a result, I guess I would say that I was both "unsure" and "eager" to see if renting a vacation home was a good option for me.

When I first starting looking around, I did my search by low to high price. It was clear why there were lots of lower priced homes. You just have to look at the pictures and the reviews, many I would never consider staying in.

I normally stay at 4+ star resorts in the Caribbean and Florida. When I got to this listing it seemed a bit low. Being from the " you get what you pay for camp", I really took a careful look at the pictures and the reviews.

After spending one week there, I believe that this property is a great deal.

Without reservation, the home was perfect in all aspects for us.

Booking process:

Right from the initial e-mail, ALL enquires were responded to promptly and clearly. Prior to departure I knew exactly what was being provided and what the expectations were of both you and I. This full and complete open communication with a new customer is very much appreciated by a new customer.

The information package that was sent was first rate, and was a great help to us before arriving at the house.

Arrival at the Home:

Gaining access to the gated community and, to the house exactly as promised. This was particularly appreciated when we arrived at 12:30 AM.

Upon opening the door the first thing I noticed was the smell of a clean house, supplemented by a pleasant fragrance.

In the house itself, we found it to be very clean and tidy. The cleaners have done a great job on the floors, kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms.

The linens and covers were very clean and fresh smelling.

The towel arrangements in the Kitchen, Bathrooms and bedrooms were a nice touch and indicated to us a "pride in work" by the person who was doing this job.

Experiences during our stay;

Everything that was promised that would be in the house was there, and more.

The mattresses were good and comfortable, showers heads had good pressure, and lots of hot water.

There were plentiful dishes and utensils, dishwasher and fridge all worked fine. We did not use the BBQ, or stove, but they look nice. (Typical Man, lots of finger cooking, via the telephone)

The location was perfect for us. The house is very easy to find, the highways are in great condition. During our stay we were able to easily avoid Orlando rush hour traffic on those days we did go into town. Getting to Universal Studios, Disney, and International Drive were all very easy, multi-lane roads all the way. We took in a "last minute" Tampa Bay Lighting Hockey game on a Saturday night. Once again it was an easy drive to Tampa, as promised. ( third row back from the glass, on the blue line, tickets $100.00 each on Stub Hub, try getting those seats in Toronto)
The drive to Disney and Universal was easy and in the 30 min range.

We took up some of the suggestions from the owners information package which we found to be accurate and helpful, The best dining out suggestion was Raglan Road at Downtown Disney, was a real hit for us. No charge for parking at Downtown Disney and once again an easy drive from the house. Unfortunately we did not make it to Mannys, but when we did drive by, it looked like a happening place.

During the stay the weather was a little cool at the beginning of the week. We were glad we arranged for the pool heater. Of course like all hearty Canadians we went swimming on principle, while the locals had toques and mittens on.

I could not believe the level of service provided by the maintenance man, Guy. I had a question about the pool pump not being on, and wanted to give him a heads up about a wasp's nest being started near the front door. I called the number, and there was no answer. Then about 10 minutes later Guy was at the front door asking how could he help me. (Call display is a great thing!) In any event, he had already sprayed the wasp nest, and what I saw was the last few moving out. Then he explained the pool pump was on a timer. (duhhh!! on me).
I think Guy is a keeper.

Departure

The clean up and departure information was easily understood, no issues. We even passed the Garbage day test, they took everything we put out.

Overall the house was first rate and I would not hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends, in fact I already have.

On the way home I had a layover in Toronto, and as result I received the security deposit before I even got home,

Dealing with Angie during the entire process was great. I am sure they will hear from us again.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
raylatim1
denver
“Loved our stay at this home!!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

The home was just as you saw in the pictures. Easy to find. Angie, the owner was wonderful. She responded quickly to all our emails and followed up to make sure we were happy with out stay. The home as clean and decorated beautifully. The neighborhood was quiet and well maintained. We like the pool, we got it heated and I am glad we did because it would have been quite cold otherwise being it was the end of October. The master bed was very comfortable and soft the way I like it with a pillow top. The second bedroom bed was very firm. There were extra pillows and blankets it you needed them. The kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans and such but you will need to get basic items yourself. We found some things under the sinks like shampoo and laundry soap left behind by the previous renters which was nice. We left our non perishables behind for the next lucky renters as well. It was nice to be able to wash clothes when we needed to and there was plenty of hangers and an iron to get church clothes ready. Walmart was just outside the entrance to the community so it made it easy to run and get whatever we needed. Several fast food restaurants are nearby. We went to Universal which was about 30 to 45 min away, an easy commute off I-4. They also had beach towels and a few beach toys for kids. If I may suggest, a beach bag or something to carry stuff in might be nice. The beaches are an hour and a half to two hour east or west. There are a lot of toll roads so be aware of that. We would absolutely stay again and recommend this home to anyone. No more hotels for us. Thanks for sharing your home with us!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was comfortable and quiet beautifully decorated, smelled great!
Liked least: Bed in the 2nd bedroom was hard, better pillows.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Robert T
Columbia, Tennessee, Usa
“Extremely Nice”
Reviewed 14 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Excellent place to stay. The location is outstanding and the house more than met our expectations. This was our first time renting a house instead of staying at a hotel and this is the only way to go. Very very close to a Walmart and a variety of other places to shop as well as great restaurants. The condition of the home as well as the pool is outstanding. Great TV and just everything to make your stay a comfortable one.

Liked best: Secure location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Chris B
Barrie, Canada
“Expect to feel at home with more”
Reviewed 15 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

What a fantastic vacation home within a safe community!! With such a short drive to the major attractions, it's completely worth staying here. And the Owners were more than accomodating and very welcoming, which made our stay worry free and very relaxing. Who doesn't want their own private inground pool to jump in after a hot day of walking around in a theme park? There's so much more to share about this villa but If brag too much, I may have to wait in line to book it again in the future!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The pool
Liked least: leaving to go home
Travelling group: Young Children
Jeanette...
Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Relax and enjoy”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Had a great time, the home is beautiful, clean, bright and cheery..great decor
Awesome that the pool area looks out over a the beautiful 2nd hole of the golf course
Went to Clearwater which has amazing beaches and was able to watch the dolphins very close to shore playing
There is a restaurant just 5 minutes away called Manny's..amazing service, food and great prices..Happy hour is a must
Hope to be back next year..you won't be disappointed

Liked best: The Pool
Liked least: having to go home
Travelling group: Friends
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing