“Tropical Atmosphere”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 646 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped by after appointments to have a late lunch and cocktail. The atmosphere was just great! Service was even better. The food was delicious and the craft beer and cocktails were amazing! Lots to choose from. Can't wait to return. If this restaurant was in the town I live, It would be my go to place.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Looking for somewhere to have a late lunch. When I noticed Bahama Breeze, was close I suggested going there since my friend suggested it to me. Ordered Mojitos and they were simply perfect and very refreshing. I ordered from their lunch menu and selected Key West fish tacos. Was provided a selection of sides and decided on French fries. My friend selected a cheeseburger, which was served with fries, and ordered another round of Mojitos. Our server, Kay, was friendly and very knowledgeable of the menu and drink options.the restaurant was airy and festive, out door seating is available. Our food was served promptly, freshly cooked and yummy. I’d definitely return will return.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My family and I ate here and we were really dissapointed over the lack of gluten free options. This was especailly difficult for my husband that has celiacs disease. The most dissapointing was that they acted as if the chef couldn't adjust. I've never expereinced a trained chef not being able to offer substitutes or suggestions for gluten free options. My husband ended up ordering plain, bland grilled fish with mashed potatoes and vegetables. He attempted to order the beans and rice and was told that those had wheat in them! Who puts wheat in beans and rice!! Anyway, my meal was mediocre, and my daughter's was processed. Not happy with this place at all! We've eaten at several Bahama Breezes across the country and loved it, however this location is lacking, and sensitive to people with dietary restrictions.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We arrived during a busy time but was seated in 10 minutes. The shrimp appetizer was delicious. Paella had lots of seafood and Tilapia was tasty with lots of sauce. Broccoli was crisp. The staff was friendly.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We had to wait but were nicely surprised by the menu variety. The food was really good - shrimp and grits, steak. Nice drink selection and very good service, both waiting at the bar and for dinner. There was good live music in a friendly atmosphere. Would definitely recommend. Much above the usual chain restaurant experience.