4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$279
Reviews (1 836)
1 836 results
1 070
1 070
All reviews cabana bar swizzle stick free breakfast beach chairs an older hotel an umbrella oceanfront room beautiful beach every morning beach vacation heated pool spring break ocean view off season beach side family vacation parking lot
Selected filters
48 - 53 of 1 836 reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2021

This was a fantastic hotel. I was extremely surprised at the quality of the entire facility. The hotel was immaculate inside and out. We had pool / beach towels, two chairs and an umbrella included per room. Also a hot breakfast every morning grab and go style. Loved having a mini microwave and fridge in my room. Definitely consider staying here again. seafood restaurant and ice cream in walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kevin Price, Sales at Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Great restaurants and activities are within walking distance. We are so glad that you had fun at our clean beachfront hotel. Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you will return when you need a fantastic hotel on the directly on the beach.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

I reserved this hotel based on reviews and I'm a little at a loss as to why it has the top rating of Fort Walton hotels. A little disappointing for our first post Covid trip.

First of all, the staff was wonderful. Everyone we encountered was friendly, helpful and personable. They get an A+ for hiring the right people.

Second, the location was good and convenient to the beach. Loved that they provided the chairs and umbrella free for guests.

Third, we certainly appreciated the hot breakfast. I also liked having the grab & go bars and muffins available our last day. The ladies working there were great.

Where the hotel fell short in my opinion:

The general shape/condition of the rooms. Now, this first part is my fault - it has exterior corridors and I somehow missed that in the description. I prefer interior hallways. But besides that, the room is showing age - rust in the tub, rust around the light in the bathroom, and the HVAC unit is just plain loud.

The cleanliness of the room. Sorry to say, the entry floor (tile) was just nasty. It felt slick when we first walked in and I thought it might be due to some cleaning material sprayed. I don't think so. It didn't "dry" up so I wiped it down with a washcloth and it was completely filthy. The stickiness was gone when the yuck was gone. The carpet was also dirty as my (formerly) white socks would attest. I guess that comes with age. Also, the tiny lotion in the bathroom had less than one squirt in it. This meant to me that it was left over from the previous occupant. I don't mind not having toiletries but it made me wonder about the attention given to the clean-up/set-up of the room.

Finally, and this is just our observation - we did have a fair amount of noise from outside. We were on the 5th floor balcony, which overlooked the pool and beach. Wonderful view but we had a fair amount of night time noise travel up from the pool and bar areas (not to mention some from the parking lot on the other side - again, the exterior corridor thing). Not a huge deal and I'm sure would have added to the ambience for some people, but we were looking for a little more quiet experience.

As a side note and not in any way the hotel's "fault," but what's with the lack of a complete sidewalk going up to the pier area (about a mile or less away)? We had to cross over to the other side for a sidewalk and then back - it had rained and the high standing water wasn't conducive to walking in the grass in certain parts. Again, just an observation.

To end on a positive note, the bed was very comfortable and the TV had a nice selection.

All in all, we had a decent stay but it was not up to the expectation I had from other reviews.

Date of stay: May 2021
Kevin Price, Sales at Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

Hassle-free beachfront hotels are perfect for easy-going travelers. Keen guests enjoy being well looked after by caring staff. Thank you for your warm comments on our A+ team members! Both your pros and cons are helpful to us as we strive to perfect the guest experience. We are optimistic about the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

The hotel location was great and I got a very good price being active duty military. I have a service dog (not a emotional support dog) and I was treated very poorly at this location. I had my dog with me during this trip at the beach and when we went out but I was accused that my dog had been barking when we were not in our room. Our dog was with us during the entire stay. Management had called me saying if there were anymore complaints of my dog barking we would be asked to leave. My dog was never barking as we were with her the entire time. I explained that there must be another dog on our floor that was barking. We registered our service dog with the front desk but the manager told me with the hotel being so large it was possible that another person could have brought their dog in and not registered it.

The staff was not friendly. The only person that was friendly was the man who originally checked us in on May 19th. Many of the staff at this hotel were rude and I will not come back to this hotel again especially if you have a service animal.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kevin Price, Sales at Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Our quiet and cozy hotel is enjoyed by well-traveled beach-goers of all sorts, even service dogs. We welcome all service dogs and strictly adhere to all local, state and federal guidelines without charging additional fees like our competitors. Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. We are sorry that your experience did not exceed your expectations. We do ask that animals never be left unattended and barking is not conducive to a relaxing experience for our many other guests. We love our military both active and retired. We're currently number 1 on trip advisor for a reason! We hope your next stay provides the service excellence that your have come to expect at the Best Western Fort Walton Beachfront.

Reviewed 26 May 2021

Great location on the beach. Wished the room would have been a little better. Toilet handle was broken, bathtub didn’t drain properly, the handle on the room door was broken and difficult to get into. Our room key didn’t work 85% of the time. We had to go get new keys twice. The hotel staff was great. Everyone was really nice and cheerful. Great breakfasts. Always had clean towels and rags upon request.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Perfect beach location and exemplary service are characteristic of a great vacation. Thank you for sharing your remarks on our great breakfast and nice and cheerful staff. Our crew works around the clock to keep our beachfront hotel clean and well maintained. We are always eager to address any guest concerns immediately upon notification. We hope your next stay with us is exceptional.

Reviewed 25 May 2021

Kevin was outstanding with making sure our big day was perfect! All staff were helpful and friendly. The bar next to the pool was great! The view is amazing and you can’t be the price for the location! Will definitely be planning a yearly trip here!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Destination Weddings can be a nightmare to plan. We were so glad to have been able to host your big day. Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We can't wait to host your anniversaries for many years to come!