Lowest prices for your stay
US$492
Free cancellation until 21/08/07
HolidayInn.com
US$494
Free cancellation until 21/08/05
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$498
US$464
Free cancellation until 21/08/01
PricelineUS$492
Hotels.comUS$496
getaroom.comUS$498
All reviews kids eat free lazy river kids suite front desk king suite pool area restaurant staff bunk beds breakfast buffet on site restaurant movie night gulf view room pool towels hot tub fort walton the entire staff family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

We checked in on a Tuesday and out on Saturday. We had a king bed with a balcony facing the gulf. Beautiful! I now understand why they call it the Emerald Coast. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious. Our server, Mary, took great care of us all 3 days. Thanks, Mary!!
The pool was clean with a relaxing lazy river. The boardwalk to the beach needed a little repair of the handrails but not a big deal. Our bathroom sink was not draining but when maintenance was called they got it fixed quickly.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Online Concierge, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

We are so glad you enjoyed your room with a view, Lisa! The colors of the water are so beautiful. We're so pleased that Mary was so helpful with your breakfast during your stay, we will pass this along to her, and we hope to welcome you back soon! ~Jessie

Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

We arrived a little early only to be graciously accommodated for our entire family.
The front desk staff were very pleasant and professional. The hotel staff was always present and happy to see us.

Although the weather wasn’t as we had hoped, the pool was open both inside and out.

The hotel seems to have been updated in almost all areas.

We had the pleasure of meeting the general manager who greeted us several times during our stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel for location, staff and cleanliness.

Trip type: Travelled with family
funandmemorable, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful 5-Star review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, 952jenv. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your kind words and we will be sure to share them with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! ~Nalani

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

The WORST room I have ever stayed in at a Holiday Inn more less a "RESORT". Despite having called the week before to ensure accommodations and viewing on IGH App King Suite, at check in my wife and I were moved to a double queen room right by the (noisy) elevator. There was no apology or explanation for room being changed just the excuse that the hotel was full despite us seeing people continue to check in and out. No acknowledgement of having subpar small room to celebrate our anniversary and her birthday. My wife CRIED when she saw the room! The day shift front desk staff did apologize and provide a breakfast voucher, but the restaurant staff didn't have on mask, were overwhelmed, understaffed, long wait for seating because outside not open because understaffed. Room service unavailable in evenings and food undercooked and thrown away

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving us with your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, AmimaSAli. We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and for any inconvenience this may have caused. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we will be sure to share your concerns with our management team. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon. ~Nalani

Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

Maria in the restaurant, Stephen with maintenance and Josh the chief were absolutely amazing. I’ve been here many times before and was longing for a specific item on the menu. Sadly, it wasn’t on the menu anymore, but Stephen and Maria saved the day. They spoke with the head chief, Josh and gave me exactly what I was longing for. Made my stay that more special. I’ll be back. - “Sugar” lol

PS Stephen needs to work the front desk. Lol

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Online Concierge, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2021

Hi, Jamie! We are so glad you were well taken care of by our staff during your breakfast experience! We're glad that Josh was able to make your requested item that isn't on the menu anymore! We will be sure to pass your kind words along to each of them and we are excited to welcome you back! ~Jessie

Reviewed 24 March 2021

First we just like to say thank you to all the staff and to the hotel. We just had our wedding there and had nothing less than an incredible experience from the planning stages with Brittany to checking out. We didn’t know what to expect coming for our wedding at a holiday inn, but found ourselves overly surprised. Yes, there were some unanticipated service fees that weren’t listed out but when I looked at the contract it was on that fine print nobody tends to read.
We arrived at the hotel the morning of at 3:30am, planning to crash my parents room as the resort was completely booked from another wedding and a cheer event. I was worried about leaving all our stuff in the car so the lady at the front desk the night of the 19th was incredible. Probably the best front desk clerk there. As I was about to sleep in my car due to being stressed over our belongings she found us a room as someone had not checked in by 4:00am. She allowed us to check in early so we did not have to pay an extra night. We were later able to transfer to the room we paid did. (5th floor with an incredible ocean view). The room was clean, nice, and definitely met our expectations!
They didn’t have a continental breakfast still due to Covid but the food at their Riptides restaurant was impeccable. We had Buffalo chicken quesadillas, Mac and cheese hamburger, and breakfast. Even the wait staff and bar staff at both the outside and inside bars went above and beyond and we’re extremely friendly.
Now let’s talk about the wedding. The gentleman who set up our arbor has stellar customer service as well. He was so detailed and ensured it was perfect. My mom made our flowers for the arbor so we didn’t have to pay extra and we knew they would be the way we wanted them with our colors. After the 2nd day we were there my mom got extremely ill, from what we don’t know. We ended up offering to pay the gentleman extra to put the flowers up for us, even though it wasn’t in our contract. They looked gorgeous.
Reception- We only paid for the happy hour and brought our own speaker and music. We paid to have appetizers, which again was amazing including the staff who served it. Meat balls and carving station were our favorite. We were only supposed to have that reserved until 7:30 but the staff allowed us to continue having fun and dancing until 9:00/9:30 when we all finally cleared out.
The next morning after our final stay we left early (4:00am) to go to our honeymoon. They let us settle the bill and allowed our older kids to sleep a little longer before leaving with my parents.
There was one things that bothered me a little and a friendly recommendation for the resort. They did have their annual fire inspection during our stay and on our wedding day which was annoying as the alarms and intercoms were constantly going off. It would have been nice to have some type of warning, which we didn’t. In the future I would recommend giving your guest notice if possible. I was tired and wanted to nap but that couldn’t happen. The lead maintenance guy was apologetic. I understood as I manage apartments and know that is extremely important and how that works so I just went out and laid by their gorgeous pool and hung out with friends and family.
To conclude, I just want to say thank you forhosting us, keep up the great job, and I would be honored to have that staff on my team.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Online Concierge, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and wedding here with us, Jennifer! We are so thrilled your special occasion was just that, Special! We are so glad you all enjoyed your special day and hope to see you and your family back here making more memories with us again soon! ~Jessie!